City Select Or City Nav For Gsmap 76cs?

I've read something about the map segments (? whatever they are) being larger in navigator than they are in city select. Will navaigator segments fit in my 76CS? I believe it has something like 115 mb of memory. I think both select and navigator have the same detail, tho I confess I'm not sure.

thanks...

Edited by Hankhan

I've read something about the map segments (? whatever they are) being larger in navigator than they are in city select. Will navaigator segments fit in my 76CS? I believe it has something like 115 mb of memory. I think both select and navigator have the same detail, tho I confess I'm not sure.

You're correct on the 115 MB of space and that CitySelect and CityNavigator have the same map details and POIs, the difference is just how the maps are divided into segments. CN-NA v7 has significantly larger segments than CS-NA v7 but they'll still fit easily into your 76CS since the largest individual segment is only about 25 MB.

But CS might still be preferable, especially if you take extended car/motorcycle/bicycle trips without having a laptop or other PC access along the way. For example you might plan a route from California to New York and just select the map segments that are along that route. With the smaller segments in CS they might all fit in 115 MB, but they wouldn't come close with the big segments in CN since you'd have to include lots of extra area to either side of your route.

I remember reading some where that City Nav will be the one they continue with, any one else read/hear that?

Yes, Garmin has essentially confirmed that (and CS-Europe has already gone away). But I don't think it should influence which product you get now. Garmin has also indicated that they'll allow CS customers to upgrade to CN when new versions come out so your later upgrade path and cost would be the same either way.

Yes, Garmin has essentially confirmed that (and CS-Europe has already gone away). But I don't think it should influence which product you get now. Garmin has also indicated that they'll allow CS customers to upgrade to CN when new versions come out so your later upgrade path and cost would be the same either way.

I believe they've also said that future CN versions would go back to the smaller segments to accomodate the units with smaller memories (but don't quote me on that).