Personal Coin Icon Oddity

pdxmarathonman

I know we're waiting on the Skirtlifter and Lamp Post icons to be updated - they show now as the generic symbol. Interesting that her coin is named Personal Coin and not ChrisGun Personal Coin (She's a Lady, btw). :laughing:

T1

:lol: My apologies for wrongly accusing ChrisGun of being male... I don't have a clue, I jsut remember seeing/hearing about that coin.

:o

Interesting that her coin is named Personal Coin and not ChrisGun Personal Coin (She's a Lady, btw). :laughing:

T1

The lack of her handle in the name made me think it wasn't a new-icon coin (I gave up trying to read all the threads in this forum, so I probably missed something of actual value). I'll patiently wait...

Edited by pdxmarathonman

Howdy, all...

Can somebody please clue me in as to what the problem is? I've activated a couple of my coins and didn't notice a problem. But I haven't activated many coins in general, so perhaps I'm missing something?? I'd like to fix it if there's a problem with my coin....

And for the record, I don't have any plans to do a custom icon.

Thanks...

Christine :anicute:

Howdy, all...

Can somebody please clue me in as to what the problem is? I've activated a couple of my coins and didn't notice a problem. But I haven't activated many coins in general, so perhaps I'm missing something?? I'd like to fix it if there's a problem with my coin....

And for the record, I don't have any plans to do a custom icon.

Thanks...

Christine :huh:

email sent Chris - it's not a problem, just an oddity :wub: You're unique, just like everybody else :anicute:

T1

I emailed Groundspeak to find out what was going on with my coin, since y'all were wondering about it. Here's what they said:

Since you ordered 500 codes, you are eligible for a custom icon. When we

created the codes, rather than give you the standard PC codes (which can

not have an icon), we created a new series of PC codes for you so that you

could always add an icon in the future if you wanted for these coins or

more in your series.

As a result, your coin is technically a different type of PC Code and it

is essentially it's own type of coin.

Perhaps I *should* make my own icon. Can anybody point me to the rules for making one? i.e., it can only have so many colors, be so big, etc?

I emailed Groundspeak to find out what was going on with my coin, since y'all were wondering about it. Here's what they said:

Since you ordered 500 codes, you are eligible for a custom icon. When we

created the codes, rather than give you the standard PC codes (which can

not have an icon), we created a new series of PC codes for you so that you

could always add an icon in the future if you wanted for these coins or

more in your series.

As a result, your coin is technically a different type of PC Code and it

is essentially it's own type of coin.

Perhaps I *should* make my own icon. Can anybody point me to the rules for making one? i.e., it can only have so many colors, be so big, etc?

Basically one icon at 32x32 pixels and one at 16x16 pixels. I think they want new ones to be round, but I'm not sure if that is a suggestion or a requirement.