Cache Camera Log Sheet

Great idea. I'd be happy to put my Geonick next to "Picture #8" on a logsheet in the same ziploc as the cache camera. IMHO if you have privacy issues, you shouldn't be using a camera that you find in a geocache. I assume that those pictures may show up someday on the cache page, the cache owner's website, etc.

Edited by The Leprechauns

Haven't seen one or heard this addressed before but if there were a log sheet attached to a cache camera to help the cache owner identify each person using the camera, would you use it?

Would you rather keep your photo identity anonymus?

Thoughts?

I'm thinking about placing my first cache and was pondering the use of the camera. I thought along the lines you did and would like to be able to identify the people for two reasons; one, I have a lousy memory for names and two, when posting on the site I'd like to be able to put the right name to the picture.

I figured if someone didn't want to leave their name, they could just write "anon" next to the picture number. That way you could have the best of both worlds.

I put a cam in one of my first hides, I like the idea about the list. I did post on the cache listing prior to posting the pictures still cant figure out which one is of The Leprechauns. I also posted on the local board and the locals helped me ID most of the people there.

According to my logs, my first cache camera is ready for retrieval. I put it out last November. I'll probably post the pics, but might post a note first, giving anyone the opportunity to opt out of it. In my opinion, if they took their photo, they pretty well could assume I'd post it.