The Project A.p.e. Geocoin

Semper Questio

OK, gang. It's update time.

I wish I could tell you we're ready to go, but we're not quite there yet. For some odd reason we are having a lot of back-and-forth with the artists on the littlest things so the die art just isn't there yet. I just saw the latest version late yesterday and there are still some things to fix. I'm not even going to try to guess if this will be the last round of changes. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for hangin' in there with me!

SQ

Our cowpoke friend is correct in that this is not an ordering or reservation thread, but I do like hearing from everyone getting an idea of the interest in what I'm working on. I just wish the progress was a little faster-moving.

For those that haven't been there yet, be sure to check out the definitive source of info on the coin at The Project A.P.E. Commemorative Geocoin Page. Even if you've read it before, be sure to check it over as things may have changed. Also, be sure to check it out again in detail when I announce th enew art. I'm sure there will be some important changes then as well.

Thanks again,

SQ

The new design is ready!!!

The Gold Finders' Edition (Front/Back):

acgfs.jpgacgbs.jpg

The Nickel Public Edition (Front/Back):

acnfs.jpgacnbs.jpg

The white space in the end indentions are only background color and are NOT part of the coin.

Larger images can be accessed from the Project A.P.E. Commemorative Geocoin Web Site.

I will start accepting orders at 8 a.m. U.S. Central Daylight Savings Time on Friday, June 16, 2006 in accordance with the procedures spelled out on the Project A.P.E. Commemorative Geocoin Web Site.

Be sure to go and read the Project A.P.E. Commemorative Geocoin Web Site for all details as some things have changed.

Maybe I missed this in some earlier posts, but, are you minting enough Gold coins to cover verified finder orders, or are you minting a certain number and wait listing people who can't hit F5 fast enough?? :P

Although the exact number has not been finally determined, the Finders' coin will be a limited number 1-time run. I am expecting 200 or fewer coins.

Holy Moses, I guess I better practice my F5

Methinks there is a misunderstanding afoot. This is not a forum sale. Let me explain...

As the site says under "Sales Process", orders will be placed via a link on the APE coin web site. No other form of ordering will be accepted.

That link will take you to a form. You'll fill it out and hit a couple of confirmation buttons.

Each order is assigned an order number that includes a date and time stamp. Those will be used to process all orders on a first-come-first-served basis.

I plan on making that ordering link go live at 8 am US Central Time on 6/16.

So all ya gotta do is go to the site, selecting "Order Info" from the pull down menu and hit the "GO" button (or just scroll down) and see if the link appears. WHen the link is there, I'm taking orders.

From there, see the "Sales Process" section for how orders are handled.

Make more sense now? :)

SQ

Been waiting for this coin to come available for a while now. Looks like I won't be able to get one after all. Will be working when they go on sale. Oh well, easy come easy go. To bad you didn't start the sale at night or on the weekend.

Same here. :blink: that gold would have been great to have.

Been waiting for this coin to come available for a while now. Looks like I won't be able to get one after all. Will be working when they go on sale. Oh well, easy come easy go. To bad you didn't start the sale at night or on the weekend.

Same here. :blink: that gold would have been great to have.

I hear what you folks are saying, but I don't think there is reason for the fatalistic approach. As I said before, this is not a forum-sale free-for-all and the final number of finders' coins to be minted has not yet been determined. That number will partly be determined by the initial demand to help increase opportunity for finders.. So if you want them, place your orders when you can.

Thanks,

SQ

I hear what you folks are saying, but I don't think there is reason for the fatalistic approach. As I said before, this is not a forum-sale free-for-all and the final number of finders' coins to be minted has not yet been determined. That number will partly be determined by the initial demand to help increase opportunity for finders.. So if you want them, place your orders when you can.

Thanks,

SQ

So where do I order these coins?