The Project A.p.e. Geocoin

Semper Questio

I'd want one of each. :( The Project A.P.E. cache we did in Washington was very memorable.

--Marky

I hope you don't mind, but I took the trade item your group left.

It is one of the most treasured items I have.

We were wondering who ended up with the Signature Banana, since I didn't see it on my 2nd visit there months later.

Good to see that you have it. :)

I'd want one of each. ;) The Project A.P.E. cache we did in Washington was very memorable.

--Marky

I hope you don't mind, but I took the trade item your group left.

It is one of the most treasured items I have.

I kind of remember Lil Devil telling me that you traded for it. Glad that it ended up with somebody that enjoys it. :(

--Marky

Hope I'm not too late for a LE. We did the WA cache on October 14 2005. Will purchase the silver also if available. Thanks

Nope, not too late at all. This was just a geenral announcement thread. Order-taking/reservations will be coming up soon (I hope! :lol: ).

Please, everyone, bear with me. Something is in the works that I genuinely believe you'll be VERY pleased with but it will take a little time. Hopefully, as I mentioned before, we can get this thing rolling the first week of April.

Keep an eye here and (more importantly) on my Project A.P.E. Geocoin Web Page for news as it becomes available!

Well, folks, I wish I had good news, but the truth is I'm still held up. I had hoped to make an announcement and start taking orders today, but it's gonna have to wait a bit longer.

I'd love to tell you some of the details, but I don't wanna spoil the surprise!

Hang in there. We'll get this ape swingin' just as soon as possible. And I think you'll agree it will have been worth the wait!

SQ

Well, folks, I wish I had good news, but the truth is I'm still held up. I had hoped to make an announcement and start taking orders today, but it's gonna have to wait a bit longer.

I'd love to tell you some of the details, but I don't wanna spoil the surprise!

Hang in there. We'll get this ape swingin' just as soon as possible. And I think you'll agree it will have been worth the wait!

SQ

Take your time. Sounds like something good is coming!

Thanks for the update!!

I understand your desire for more info and I greatly appreciate your patience.

All I can tell you right now is that after having been in contact with certain folks, I have permission to use the "crazy ape." As you can well imagine, this and other factors (not the least of which has been feedback from you folks) has spurred a bit of a redesign.

I wanted to have these changes ready to debut by now. Unfortunately, that process has taken longer than I had hoped, but we're closing in on it.

Since I'll be logging the Mission 9 Tunnel of Light in June, these coins would be the perfect way to celebrate. I'd like to have three. Son Trekker will be my guide if needed since he has already been there too.

Read the 1st post....only 1 Gold & 2 Nickel per mailing address. And you only get Gold if you logged an ape Cache before this post was started.

Since I'll be logging the Mission 9 Tunnel of Light in June, these coins would be the perfect way to celebrate. I'd like to have three. Son Trekker will be my guide if needed since he has already been there too.

Read the 1st post....only 1 Gold & 2 Nickel per mailing address. And you only get Gold if you logged an ape Cache before this post was started.

Oops, I read the 1st post too fast and missed that.

I'd like to have 2 Nickel coins.

I'm assuming that since there are a limited number of Gold, that when I do log an APE cache that there won't be any available. Will more be minted?

I'm assuming that since there are a limited number of Gold, that when I do log an APE cache that there won't be any available. Will more be minted?

Sorry. Been tied up with work and stuff. Yes, there is a gold coin cutoff date and as of this moment the plan is to do a 1-time run of 250 golds. That number may change, but so far there is no thoughts of doing more than 1 run.

In other news.....

Also of this moment, we are still working on the final die art. I want this to be just right for you all. I'll keep you posted as soon as there is any news.

Remember that when I announce that I am ready to start taking orders you will need to be sure to re-read everything on the web site. There very well may be some important changes that you'll need to be aware of!

Happy caching!

SQ

Wow. Has it been almost 2 weeks already?

Well, there have been some hold-ups here and there, but I saw new die art today and there are a couple of fine points to be cleared up. As I'm sure most of you have guessed, this new design is a good bit more complex than the original and it is taking some doing to get it just right.

Thank you all for your patience!

Happy caching!

SQ

I hope you aren't going to open the pre-ordering within the next week or two.

I was thinking the same thing with so many people going to be out of town for the BIG Event.

:D

No 'big event' where I'm at (only a couple small ones)... :D

I hope you aren't going to open the pre-ordering within the next week or two.

I was thinking the same thing with so many people going to be out of town for the BIG Event.

:D

Hmm. To be COMPLETELY honest I hadn't given the timing of opening orders and GW4 any thought at all. I've only been concerned with getting this thing going since everyone has patiently waited so long.

But having said that, even at the most optimistic, I don't see opening up orders until after the Memorial Day weekend at the earliest and if all goes well and quickly. My current plan is that once I have the final die art I will get close this thread, start another with the new art for you all to see, and at htat time or very soon after announce a date a week or so later that orders will start.

Does that help any?

SQ

Can't remember at this point whether I logged here way back when, but I see things have evolved, so restating my interest in 1 gold and 2 nickel coins. I logged the Mission 9: Tunnel of Light cache on May 29, 2004 - exactly two years ago!

Edited by hydnsek