The Project A.p.e. Geocoin

Semper Questio

I like the coin, and I am planning a road trip to MD for an APE cache this year. However I will not purchase this coin because you are discriminating against those that have not yet found it. I don't care which metals you mint, and I find it absurd that people would "police" the logs. This is just plain silly behavior, and alot of work to sell a coin. Best wishes to you........

I like the coin, and I am planning a road trip to MD for an APE cache this year. However I will not purchase this coin because you are discriminating against those that have not yet found it. I don't care which metals you mint, and I find it absurd that people would "police" the logs. This is just plain silly behavior, and alot of work to sell a coin. Best wishes to you........

I have to disagree. Completing an APE cache for some is an expensive trip. I know of several individuals who traveled over 10 hours just to obtain an APE cache so the fact that certain metals will be available only to those who completed the task is a wonderful tribute to them. Just open the ordering....please. :rolleyes:

Now...you get on the list for Gold by age, right?

The oldest on top....the youngest at the bottom? After all it is about the amount of effort put out to nab one of these APE Caches.......I had to walk thru a 2+ mile tunnel in the dark to get mine....that ought to count for something....and, I'm an "old guy"...I don't see too well in the dark. Not like you "young" guys hat can read a Comic Book under the covers, without a flashlight. :(

That wasn't a comic book. :rolleyes:

1 Gold Please. B)

Of course, if he had already found an APE, and qualified for a Gold.......

Well, took longer than I thought but there it is.

Once again, something done to REWARD one group is seen as being exlcusionary of another.

I'm soooo tired of this.

I normally stay out of these kind of things, and this will be my only repsonse to this, but....

What can I say. The line has to be drawn somewhere. If I were doing this for profit and I had planned on making these on an ongoing basis, it would be done differently. But that is not the case.

I'm sorry if you find this method "discriminating", "silly", and that you disapprove of "policing" to be sure only those that have actually found an APE cache get a "Finders" coin. Strike that. No, I'm not. Call it what you will, but the gold coins are for those that have FOUND an APE cache...not for those who MAY FIND an APE cache. I have no intention of lessening their intended meaning to myself and other "finders" by selling them to people based on their intentions of finding an APE cache or by just selling them willy-nilly to whomever claims to have made a find.

You, of course, are free to purchase them or not as you wish. Perhaps, if you have more disposable income and free time than I, you should create your own finder's commemorative and sell them your way to any and all that have or ever will claim a find without any verification.

OK, off my little soapbox.

Sorry folks, just HAD to get that off my chest.

Just here to show my show of support Semper. Finders coins are discriminate against those who haven't found the cache, and what's so wrong with that?

And, yes, I have found an APE cache, but because both of us in the house have we will only get one coin, that's ok too.

Edited by Hula Bum

Hmmm . . . I guess it's Semper Questio's coin and money, no matter where the $$$ comes from, so he can do what he wants. As for policing the logs, it seems that he won't have to be because he now has a list. He won't have to police logs for new APE finders because they are excluded from the gold coin.

Another person said, ". . . you are discriminating against those that have not yet found it." Good Grief! That's like saying that Moun10Bike is discriminating against me because he stopped making his V1 coin before I could find one. :anicute:

And rather than let somebody make more or less of my opinion because I have or haven't found one of the caches in question, I'll do it now and save you the trouble: Yup, I found an APE cache.

So put me down for one gold and two nickels.

:)

As I said "I like your coin" and your idea does have merit. I know that finding an APE cache was highly rewarding to each and every one of you. I am sure it will be rewarding to me. I just think that some things that were said could have been handled a bit differently. I guess that it was some of those comments that drove me to write the above statement and not the coin, or it's designer/producer. To all that I offended I am truly sorry. I wish you nothing but the best.......

Well, took longer than I thought but there it is.

Once again, something done to REWARD one group is seen as being exlcusionary of another.

I'm soooo tired of this.

I know you are a great guy,but can't you see the irony in your statement?

something done to REWARD one group is seen as being EXCLUSIONARY of another.

That is an example of why I posted what I did.

We made certain to hit Mission 12 while on a cross country trip last April, was a very memorable experience and getting a coin will definitely be cool! The card we got from the cache is one of the coolest commemorative cache items we have found yet.

Put us down for 1 gold and 1 nickel please!

-J

It was my understanding that this is not a preorder thread??? I get worried that I missed something since everyone seems to be preordering?? I HAVE already found ape cache in Chicago several months ago. I would like a gold if this is preorder , if not please let me know..

It was my understanding that this is not a preorder thread??? I get worried that I missed something since everyone seems to be preordering?? I HAVE already found ape cache in Chicago several months ago. I would like a gold if this is preorder , if not please let me know..

You are correct. This is an announcement only to let everyone know what's on the horizon. I hope to be ready to take orders about a week or so. When that time comes a new thread will be sdtarted announcing so.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and interest. We are moving a little closer to getting this thing going, but thre are still a couple of key pieces that need to be in place first and I appreciate your patience. In the meantime, I have put together a web site where you can get more info and keep current on what is going on with the project...

The Project A.P.E. Commemorative Geocoin Page

And again...Thanks!

SQ

PROJECT UPDATE!!!!!

OK. I have some good news, some bad news, and a teaser...

But first, thanks again to everyone for your patience and interest.

OK...First, the good news....The final things I needed in place to start taking orders fell into place today, but...

And here's the bad news....A PC crash has caused another unexpected delay. Due to that and other factors, it looks like full recovery from THAT and completion of other work won' t happen until 4/3 at the soonest...maybe a little past that. However....

Now for the teaser....Something VERY special happened today that is going to enable me to do something I think you'll all really like. I'm going to leave it there for you to guess and I won't say if anyone is right in their guesses. You'll just have to stay tuned for the upcoming "taking orders announcement" for the full details.

Hang in there folks. I can't wait to get this thing going for you!

SQ

PROJECT UPDATE!!!!!

But first, thanks again to everyone for your patience and interest.

OK...First, the good news....The final things I needed in place to start taking orders fell into place today, but...

And here's the bad news....A PC crash has caused another unexpected delay. Due to that and other factors, it looks like full recovery from THAT and completion of other work won' t happen until 4/3 at the soonest...maybe a little past that. However....

Now for the teaser....Something VERY special happened today that is going to enable me to do something I think you'll all really like. I'm going to leave it there for you to guess and I won't say if anyone is right in their guesses. You'll just have to stay tuned for the upcoming "taking orders announcement" for the full details.

SQ

That's NOT funny..... :rolleyes:

I've done the "Mission 9: Tunnel of Light" three times (2003 was the first) I know that's a little bsessive but I have a good excuess for each visit! :huh:

I'm glad I was one of your excuses! :huh:

I'll take 1 Gold and 1 Nickel!

Thanks!

--Marky

Have you started putting together a list of those on a reserve list yet?

Afraid not, that'll all be part of the ordering, verification, and invoicing process. In other words, when I get an order (assuming there are no immediate problems or questions) you go on the "reserved" list then. Once you get verified (if you're a "finder" and ordered a gold coin) you're invoice will get sent out as soon as I can get it done. Once I receive payment, you move to the "ordered" list. As soon as I get the coins and I ship yours to you, your name will move to the "shipped" list.

All of these lists and everything else you need to know that is available now is on my A.P.E Coin Web Site.

Edited by Semper Questio

That's NOT funny..... :huh:

Well, maybe not to YOU!!! :D:huh: But maybe it's at least FUN!? :huh:

Edited by Semper Questio