Leaving An Item

kelhorn

I would never leave a lottery ticket. What if the finder won big bucks with it? I'd be kicking myself.

I could see it now. Big news conference with the $50,000,000 Powerball winner. Reporter asks "How did you pick the numbers?" Winner responds, "I didn't, I found the ticket in a geocache".

I would never leave a lottery ticket. What if the finder won big bucks with it? I'd be kicking myself.

I could see it now. Big news conference with the $50,000,000 Powerball winner. Reporter asks "How did you pick the numbers?" Winner responds, "I didn't, I found the ticket in a geocache".

:) Absolutely. Only leave the scratch-offs with a top prize of a few hundred at most and then only if you won't be resentful in the unlikely event that somebody else wins it.

What I hate is finding an already scratched off, non-winning ticket in a cache. The times this has happened I suspect somebody scratched it at the site and then just left it. They could at least have done CITO. :P

And 24 hours later this would be the most popular .com on the web.

Everyone would be buying GPSr's and hitting the trails.

:wub: What a cool idea... Won't you be bumbed if you see the log posting and the winner cashs in on $100,000.00 though?

Great idea. I like seeing that people are wanting to put something more interesting than Mac Donald's toys. I know we all have vudgets and its the sport not the prize here, but I have tried very hard to leave really cool and interesting things.