California Micro 2006 Geocoin Order Page

Marky

We got the samples back from the mint and decided to go with gold. Here are the sample photos:

califmicrofront150.gifcalifmicroback150.gif

1" diameter, trackable on geocaching.com with its own icon. They fit perfectly in 35mm film cans.

Sold only in 10 packs for $35 plus shipping and handling (that's only $3.50 each!). It's nearly spring and the poppies are starting to bloom! Ordering will close on Sunday night (March 12th) at 10:00pm Pacific Time. The coins should ship in early April.

Here is the order page:

http://www.geocoin.net/califmicro/

--Marky - K6FTF

Only 10? Jeez, I thought you guys were doing a 5-pack. Will the shipping be done immediately with this one or will we have to wait like with the DNF?

Anyway, anyone who wants to split a 10-pack with me, please contact me and I'll place the order.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Only 10? Jeez, I thought you guys were doing a 5-pack. Will the shipping be done immediately with this one or will we have to wait like with the DNF?

Anyway, anyone who wants to split a 10-pack with me, please contact me and I'll place the order.

The site says "The total minted will depend on demand" so to me that implies that these are not ready.

The site says "The total minted will depend on demand" so to me that implies that these are not ready.

That's not what I meant.

Edited by AtlantaGal

That is correct, I estimate that when I put in the go ahead order on Sunday night, they will start shipping to you approximately 3 weeks from then. I'm keeping the cost rediculously low hoping that a lot of these will become real travellers (much like buying a 10 pack of travelbug tags).

--Marky

Which California Geocaching Group/Org is producing these?

No organization involvement in these.

That is correct. Joani and I just wanted to see how cheap we could do this and didn't involve anyone else in the design. Joani was learning how to use Adobe Illustrator and came up with the design.

--Marky

I ordered a 10 pack, although I really only need one for my collection. I guess that leaves a few extra for trading or.... <gasp>.... placing in CACHES!

I was somewhat concerned when I came to make payment and I saw an Un-Verified Paypal account, but after realizing that it was Marky and Joani... I decided I could trust them :P

Edited by Right Wing Wacko
I ordered a 10 pack, although I really only need one for my collection. I guess that leaves a few extra for trading or.... <gasp>.... placing in CACHES!

That was our main reason for doing this, to make them cheap enough that people will feel like sending them out to move from cache to cache. The fact that they can fit in a lot of micro caches should make them easier to move along.

I was somewhat concerned when I came to make payment and I saw an Un-Verified Paypal account, but after realizing that it was Marky and Joani... I decided I could trust them :D

:D Yeah, we had never sold anything via paypal before and I didn't want to change my original paypal account from its personal status so I created a new one and didn't have time to point it at a bank account. :D I'm hoping everyone will be happy with them. We are personally going to release a bunch of them to travel around. :D

--Marky

Heh! I jumped right to the order page without reading the details. What a pleasant surprise to find the ten packs, since I was intending to buy 10 anyway, and thought I would be spending upwards of $50 or more for 10 coins. I may well buy another 10 pack next week, if still available.

Gee, can you tell I live in California? And I'm gonna do some multi state caching this summer. I'll release most all of them.

I may well buy another 10 pack next week, if still available.

I'm planning on closing the ordering on Sunday evening (10PM Pacific Time) so you have until then to decide to order more.

Gee, can you tell I live in California? And I'm gonna do some multi state caching this summer. I'll release most all of them.

That is what I like to hear! My main reason for pricing them low and only in 10 packs is so that people will want to place some out in caches. :laughing:

--Marky

I put in the order today for 1500 coins, so as soon as the totals are close, I'll suspend the ordering. I decided to cap the order at 1500 because I wanted to get the minting going and maybe get these shipped before the end of the month. These are selling like wild flowers, but there are still some available. :rolleyes:

All Orders Have Shipped!

(except for those who wanted local delivery.) We didn't get any caching done today though. Now I have to get up in less than 3 hours for my coin quest slot. Not really looking forward to that... :laughing:

--Marky