Subway Series

bigpix

The other day we were in NYC and riding the subway.

I thought it would be cool for someone to put a series of caches to be had via subway.

You'd have to really do your homework before leaving home obviously since you couldn't use your GPSr underground.

Don't look to me to do this. I'm from Jersey.

I thought it would be cool for someone to put a series of caches to be had via subway.

You'd have to really do your homework before leaving home obviously since you couldn't use your GPSr underground.

Besides the obvious part that a cache in a subway should never be approved because of the rule against placing caches at obvious terrorist targets; where's the GPS come in? If you can't use your GPS to find it, it's a letterbox, not a geocache.

There was a multi cache in Baltimore that uses the metro/streetcar to make connections to the stages. I never got a chance to do it before it was archived. But it seemed like it would have been fun. I believe you could also drive it if you wanted to, but taking the metro/streetcars would ahve been more fun.

Besides the obvious part that a cache in a subway should never be approved because of the rule against placing caches at obvious terrorist targets; where's the GPS come in? If you can't use your GPS to find it, it's a letterbox, not a geocache.

Well, I never said anything about placing caches in the subway system. I thought it would be a good idea to use the subway system to get from point to point.

Caches could be placed nearby stations. You'd have to do some homework plotting a course etc.

Just a thought. For someone with more time and creativity than I.

I've used the NYC Subway System to hunt caches in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. You don't think I drive in Manhattan? Take the subway to Union Square and search for Walking in the Park with the Admiral, or Seek & Sushi! The city can be tough on satellite reception, but these can be done!

But at $2.00 a ride, please don't make too many waypoints. :D

But at $2.00 a ride, please don't make too many waypoints. :laughing:

There's a better price for the serious cache hunter:

1-Day Fun Pass

Cost: $7, reduced fare not available

Good for unlimited subway and local bus rides from first use until 3 a.m. the following day. Ideal for intermediate waypoints or multi-caches - including the night in Central Park that is part of your nightmares... :lol:

Edited by geobernd