Any Geocachers In Pocono, Pa

gtx71

Suprisingly, there is no true organized group of NEPA geocachers. Don't ask me why as there are plenty around. I never figured it out either. In the past there have been attempts made to organize but had limited results. What a shame. :rolleyes: It would be a great asset for the area. You never know times change and maybe something will gel.

There are "cells" of cachers about the area that quietly act out their hobby in group form at times. A large portion of the NEPA cachers (including myself) are not visibly active on the Groundspeak board but do lurk. :( Depending on what portion of the Pocono Region you hail from there are many NEPA cachers that have helped me in the past and joined in on hunts & geo-trips.

I hail from the southern region of the Poconos (Wilkes-Barre, Hazleton, Mountaintop) and cache out from here. I also spend an equeal amount of time caching Northcentral PA (cabin location) and Northern PA (camping territory) as well.

Feel free to drop me a note if I can offer any assistance.

I agree with mtndave -- there have been attempts at groups but nothing has ever really happened. Pretty much the norm is to find a "gaggle" of cachers who work together and often go on trips together. That and stumbling upon each other or talking online is I guess the norm for our camraderie. There is the occasional event. Of course, I'm not speaking for everybody, but that's what I have noticed.

We don't hate each other nor are we anti-social, I haven't met an NEPA cacher I didn't like. Nay, I have liked every cacher I have came across. :)

Hope to see you around!

- JD

http://groups.msn.com/PoconoGeocachers

Here is the address to the Pocono Geocachers.

I am not in that area now but my parents are and they are the ones that got me into caching.

That area kind of mixes in with the Lehigh Valley Geocachers. They are at...

http://groups.msn.com/LVGeoCachers

There are many geocachers from the W-B and surrounding areas. Bumped into several, been invited on several hunts (due to my work schedule I could not go), always a veru cordial and friendly bunch.