Forum Problems?

"Paws"itraction

*reminds herself that this isn't Cheers, so she refrains from telling the Cheerios that she had to nurse Dorian and Maynard back to health this morning by hand-feeding them some soft cheese...they didn't have the strength to eat their regular "critter cubes". She's SO relieved to see that they're back to their normal selves now, and contemplates removing their wheel at night because she thinks they wear themselves down to where they have no strength left...not even enough to eat.*

So why haven't the TPTB jumped in here yet and explained what is going on?

Probably too busy trying to fix the problem. Yeah, that's the ticket! :)

I am have severe forum withdrawal symptoms. Don't make me actually get some work JBEX done today.

Fixed. :)

So why haven't the TPTB jumped in here yet and explained what is going on?

I am have severe forum withdrawal symptoms. Don't make me actually get some work done today.

Hi. Please recall that Groundspeak is in the Pacific Timezone. The problem occurred at 6:40 a.m., Seattle time. The Groundspeak team is now at the office and I see that at least one of them has been active in the forums. So they know there's an issue and I am sure they are "workin' on it." I'd rather have them working on the problem than posting about it here.

Well, my "Corrupt a wish" wish didn't come true. 'Tis period 6 and the troublemaker, alas, is not absent. :)

Oh well, the wish probably would have been corrupted to have him playing truant, spraypainting my house. :)

edited for speeling! This class is making my brain frieed! Drain bamaged!

Edited by team moxiepup

Oh Bihki, I've got a box ready to mail to you, but haven't been able to get to the post office. I gotcha a little something that I hope you'll like.

I'll try and get it to you on my off days.

Speaking of off days, I need to get upstairs and get some sleep so's I can drive back from Atlanta tonight. I start my new run on the 14th or the 17th, depending on whether or not they'll let me take the 14th off. The 15th and 16th are already days off on the new run, so I want to spend a little time with the wife and kids before I head to Columbus.

Which also reminds me: Where does Robes live? He's pretty close to CLS, isn't he?

does anyone here know anything about aging beef for human consumption? :)

I 'spect it would be a lot like aging deer . . .

"To properly age a deer, the hide should be left on and the deer refrigerated at 34-36 degrees for up to 2 weeks. However, most hunters do not have the facilities to hang their deer in such a manner and processors must remove the hide before bringing deer into their facilities. Removing the hide exposes the meat to cold dry air and causes excessive dehydration and consequently, higher trimming losses. Generally speaking, it is better to go ahead and process the deer within 3-4 days of the kill due to the dehydration problems and the contaminates that are usually present."

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

JohnTee

does anyone here know anything about aging beef for human consumption? :)

I 'spect it would be a lot like aging deer . . .

"To properly age a deer, the hide should be left on and the deer refrigerated at 34-36 degrees for up to 2 weeks. However, most hunters do not have the facilities to hang their deer in such a manner and processors must remove the hide before bringing deer into their facilities. Removing the hide exposes the meat to cold dry air and causes excessive dehydration and consequently, higher trimming losses. Generally speaking, it is better to go ahead and process the deer within 3-4 days of the kill due to the dehydration problems and the contaminates that are usually present."

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

JohnTee

thanks. :)

Tee, it may not be Cheers, but it'll do in a pinch. Hope everything works out for them.

Oh! POst that link to the video again... :) :)

My meeses are two wild mice that my cat caught. I caught the cat, she dropped the mice, I grabbed the mice and put them in cages. I kept them separate at first and slowly introduced them; they're from two different litters. Dorian is the bigger of the two, and the other is Maynard, who was about an inch long when I rescued her. I've had them for a couple of months now. Enjoy the video...it cracks me up every time I see it. :)

Edited by Pyewacket

"Invalid argument supplied for for each" off- topic forum user.

Wish I could send "invalid argument" responses to my inter-office memos... :)

Wait... where's my bar stool? Was that Metro I just saw fly by in a basket on the back of a bicycle??? :)

/WF in record 1.5 minutes during jbex break... now I'm gonna have to, like, talk to co-workers and stuff? :)

does anyone here know anything about Buddhism? :)

4 Noble Truths

The first Noble truth is that life is suffering (forums being down one example thereof)

The Second Noble truth is that suffering is caused by craving . (If we were'nt addicted to the forums, we wouldn't be suffering right now would we?)

The third Noble Truth concerns the cessation of suffering. (These boards will eventually be fixed.... maybe... better yet not to be attached to them in the first place. (Yeah... right))

The Fourth Noble Truth is cultivationg the path to learning, and enlightenment. The Middle Way. (Love the forums but be able to let them go.)

(Ummm.... working on that!)

:)

*reminds herself that this isn't Cheers, so she refrains from telling the Cheerios that she had to nurse Dorian and Maynard back to health this morning by hand-feeding them some soft cheese...they didn't have the strength to eat their regular "critter cubes". She's SO relieved to see that they're back to their normal selves now, and contemplates removing their wheel at night because she thinks they wear themselves down to where they have no strength left...not even enough to eat.*

And, since it isn't Cheers? I will refrain from saying that I'm very glad her meeses are feeling better and it sounds like a good idea to take the wheel out.

I will also not say that it sounds like ya got a coupla OCD meeses, there. :)

Tee, it may not be Cheers, but it'll do in a pinch. Hope everything works out for them.

Oh! POst that link to the video again... :) :)

My meeses are two wild mice that my cat caught. I caught the cat, she dropped the mice, I grabbed the mice and put them in cages. I kept them separate at first and slowly introduced them; they're from two different litters. Dorian is the bigger of the two, and the other is Maynard, who was about an inch long when I rescued her. I've had them for a couple of months now. Enjoy the video...it cracks me up every time I see it. :)

That is too funny....