Palm Pilot Problems

5 Treasure Hunters

I was overwhelmed with all the paper so I decided to get a palm pilot. From reading these boards, it sounded like the palm pilot iiixe would work great for what I needed. I got one and the handheld unit itself seems to work fine but for the life of me I can not get it to hotsync. We have windows xp, and we do not have a serial port so we have been using usb. The troubleshooting on Palm.com really hasn't helped us so I was really hoping someone here would know since the unit I have seems to be a popular one here.

Here is what I know- when I put the palm in the cradle and push the sync button, it turns on the palm, so I know THAT connection works. When I put the usb into the port it makes a little noise, so I know it is registering that I am putting something in. but then nothing happens.

I just want to cache........

I was overwhelmed with all the paper so I decided to get a palm pilot. From reading these boards, it sounded like the palm pilot iiixe would work great for what I needed. I got one and the handheld unit itself seems to work fine but for the life of me I can not get it to hotsync. We have windows xp, and we do not have a serial port so we have been using usb. The troubleshooting on Palm.com really hasn't helped us so I was really hoping someone here would know since the unit I have seems to be a popular one here.

Here is what I know- when I put the palm in the cradle and push the sync button, it turns on the palm, so I know THAT connection works. When I put the usb into the port it makes a little noise, so I know it is registering that I am putting something in. but then nothing happens.

I just want to cache........

Just checking... You installed the Palm hotsync software on your PC, and it is running? (a little cirlcle with red and blue arrows pointing toward the center in your task icons by the clock)