Going To The Wet Side

magking1971

I am going to visit my sister on Guemes Island this weekend and will have some time to kill, any caches in a 25 mile radius or so area that is a must see?

She lives there full time? That island is cool. That's got to be the fastest ferry crossing around.

Zap in her zip code in the hide and find page to find nearest caches. Have fun.

I am going to visit my sister on Guemes Island this weekend and will have some time to kill, any caches in a 25 mile radius or so area that is a must see?

That's a tough question to ask since there are so many really great ones to choose from.

Here's a quick bookmark list of ten of my most favourite ones that are close to Guemes, each one of these is a great cache: Best of Anacortes Bookmark List

If you'd care to visit the Deception Pass area, there are several good caches there, including Light House Point (GC126C), one of the best caches I've visited.

Further south on Whidbey Island (south of Deception Pass) there are enough caches to keep you busy for a while. Two that are high on my list are Ebey Bluffs (GC13DC) and The Path of the Watchers (GCMEB9).

Have fun while you're here.

We did a trip with Lucyandrickie and EraSeek this past summer to Gummmeeees! Neveer did quite know how to pronounce it! Beautiful place to cache. We had a blast.

Then headed down (as suggested by others in this thread) to do some caching in Antecortes and Whidbey Island.

If you can venture down far enough on Whidbey be sure and do EraSeek's cache Path of the Watchers. One of my favorites. :laughing:

What kind of bike are you talking about? Motorbike -- yes. Bicycle -- it varies with location -- it just depends where you are. I may be wrong, but I don't think there's a state law that requires bicycle helmets yet. But IMHO, I think it might be a smart move. :anicute:

He'd know if it were stat elaw, he's from Washington too :-)

We have such a law on city level in Port Townsend. Check out whether Skagit Island has such a law (I somehow doubt it), and whether the incorporated City of Anacortes (which includes most of Fidalgo Island) has one.

Anyway, I opposed the law when they passed it in Port Townsend, because it pushes lots of people back into their cars, and biking was a convenient way for boatbuilders to move around the port, and they won'tbe bothered to carryign helmets in addition to their tools, but wearing a helmet for recreational biking is certainly safer. If you're going to be on roads (likely), do it, no matter whether there is a requirement!