Plotting A Track Or Route

You can Toggle Track recording ON and OFF from the Tracks screen.

From the Map Page, hit MENU button twice.

Select Setup, then select Page Seq.

Scroll down to <Add Page>, then hit enter, then select TRACKS

Hit QUIT about 2 or 3 times, and TRACKS page will be in the Page sequence

YOU can now easily toggle Tracks ON and OFF very quickly, like I have been doing, with breaking each of my Tracklogs into separate hikes.

Thanks for the replies.

Excuse my ignorance but all I am trying to do is quickly while on the move is with the GPS is stop making a track so it records it as track 1 and then as I continue down another trail it starts recording a track 2 and so on. :)

I don't know about your GPS, but on mine (Garmin GPS V) you would go to the Tracks display (main menu), save the track, then clear track memory. This starts a new track where you are while the previous track remains saved. This can be repeated. On my GPSr I can save 10 tracks, on a newer receiver you can probably save more.

Thanks for the replies.

Excuse my ignorance but all I am trying to do is quickly while on the move is with the GPS is stop making a track so it records it as track 1 and then as I continue down another trail it starts recording a track 2 and so on. :)

I don't know about your GPS, but on mine (Garmin GPS V) you would go to the Tracks display (main menu), save the track, then clear track memory. This starts a new track where you are while the previous track remains saved. This can be repeated. On my GPSr I can save 10 tracks, on a newer receiver you can probably save more.

Ok now I see how to do it.

Thanks alot guys :)