Signal Geocoins.....

D@nim@l

I really don't think it's the coin company. I think the black drowns everything else out.

They should of spent more time on the design of the coin( because it's their first coin), but I think they ran out of time doing it and started to rush to get it out.

Maybe Green in the background?

ce765f58-8623-42f2-97fa-691764a01a2f.jpg

Got my coins Signal Coins today, $10/each. I also got Generic Geocoins (nickel), about $5.50/each and a Compass Rose, about $8. Naturally I made a few comparisons: the Signal coins are the same size as the Generics with more color and detail. So if the Generics are fairly priced, then I'd pay a bit more for Signal.

But, the Compass Rose Coin is larger & one side has incredible detail (IMO it's one of the most beautiful coins out there). And it still cost 20% less than the Signal Coin. So while I'm not disappointed in the Signal coin per se, when you compare it to other coins out there, it just doesn't seem like a very good value. Oh well, live & learn.

Got mine yesterday. If the black was applied evenly and the edges were smooth I would love it. Little on the dissapointed side as I expected quality control to be better. Like the concept of a different Signal for each month and Jan 06 being the kick off coin Signal coming right toward me was fine. Feb has already been ordered and I will wait to see about Mar and the rest.

I guess I am in the minority, but I got mine and really do like it!

I Got 10 of them and I think they look great!.. I checked everyone of them closely and could not find a single flaw. Honestly I think some people in these forums just have it out for the guys at the geocoinclub/geocoinstore and the fact that they are making money on geocoins. :rolleyes: OH MY GOODNESS PEOPLE ARE MAKING MONEY AND TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING :(

So my advice to all the whiners is to stop buying them so we don't have to hear you complain.

</rant>

I Got 10 of them and I think they look great!.. I checked everyone of them closely and could not find a single flaw. Honestly I think some people in these forums just have it out for the guys at the geocoinclub/geocoinstore and the fact that they are making money on geocoins. :( OH MY GOODNESS PEOPLE ARE MAKING MONEY AND TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING B)

So my advice to all the whiners is to stop buying them so we don't have to hear you complain.

</rant>

Now wait a minute, you can't call other people whiners or accuse them of being upset over the fact that the geocoinstore is making money when your viewpoint isn't very neutral at all. First, you live in MI thus most likely a member of MIGO (Yes, I am assuming, shoot me.) and you had your coins done by the geocoinstore. Of course, you are going to be a poster person for the store. So I guess I can continue to whine if I want to. The problem is that I can't whine about them because I haven't received them yet.

:rolleyes:

I Got 10 of them and I think they look great!.. I checked everyone of them closely and could not find a single flaw. Honestly I think some people in these forums just have it out for the guys at the geocoinclub/geocoinstore and the fact that they are making money on geocoins. B) OH MY GOODNESS PEOPLE ARE MAKING MONEY AND TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING :tired:

</rant>

Now wait a minute, you can't call other people whiners or accuse them of being upset over the fact that the geocoinstore is making money when your viewpoint isn't very neutral at all. First, you live in MI thus most likely a member of MIGO (Yes, I am assuming, shoot me.) and you had your coins done by the geocoinstore. Of course, you are going to be a poster person for the store. So I guess I can continue to whine if I want to. The problem is that I can't whine about them because I haven't received them yet.

You could whine about not having them yet? I live in Michigan so I get to pay Sales Tax (6.000%):

$0.60 USD. I'm also a member of MiGo, for whatever that has to do with anything? I don't have the 2 coins that I ordered yet, but from seeing the picture a few post back, I think the black paint over the lettering is ugly, but then again, I don't count. I did see one at an event last Sunday and even tho I didn't have it in my hands, I think it looked pretty good from five feet away :(

I don't know about anybody else, but I hope to be able to get all 12 for a years worth!

Edited by n8gni

It is true I live in Michigan

It is true I am a MIGO Member (not sure that has anything to do with the price of Coins)

It is true that I had the www.geocoinstore.com make a coin.

:( Pssssst..... B) I even made a few bucks on my coin too. :tired: .. but don't tell anyone or they will start complaing about my coin. The price, or quality, or maybe they will just say the design is lame.

I guess people have the right to whine but Honestly I am convinced that people are not being truthful about why they are whining. I am suggesting that many of the people whinning are whining because of the prices not the quality or design.

:)

It is true I live in Michigan

It is true I am a MIGO Member (not sure that has anything to do with the price of Coins)

It is true that I had the www.geocoinstore.com make a coin.

:) Pssssst..... :anicute: I even made a few bucks on my coin too. :anicute: .. but don't tell anyone or they will start complaing about my coin. The price, or quality, or maybe they will just say the design is lame.

I guess people have the right to whine but Honestly I am convinced that people are not being truthful about why they are whining. I am suggesting that many of the people whinning are whining because of the prices not the quality or design.

The OP started the thread because he wanted to know why it was March and he was still waiting for a January themed coin since two weeks had passed since the last update. The forums also let me know about the delay with the MIGO which something the store still has not done. So is that whining, I don't know, I seem to recall someone saying that there is technically a 20 day allowance on paypal pre-orders, oh wait, that was you. You were able to get your license plates coins out very quickly and there was no organized business running that was there?

Wow. I have not received my coins but the coin is of a poor quality if the pictures reflect the coin itself. Sorry SunshineGang but I like the design but the coloring is horrible. I can complain about quality when I expect at least exceptional quality for a coin that is $10.00. I personally hate buying coins when I haven't seen the actual proof. I will not order personal coins until I see the actual proof because artwork and coins look different and I have been let down numerous times because of the difference. Coloring over the lettering and having the numbers off center is not good quality no matter if you are making one cent or four dollars.

The OP started the thread because he wanted to know why it was March and he was still waiting for a January themed coin since two weeks had passed since the last update. The forums also let me know about the delay with the MIGO which something the store still has not done. So is that whining, I don't know, I seem to recall someone saying that there is technically a 20 day allowance on paypal pre-orders, oh wait, that was you. You were able to get your license plates coins out very quickly and there was no organized business running that was there?

I believe in the 20 day prepay policy. Some people that were not established businesses had taken peoples money and sat on it for a long time before even ordering the product that they sold.

Yes my license plate coins were shipped promptly after being sold. I am wondering what your question is?

I ordered the coin directly from a mint in korea. I paid for the coin in full with my own money. I waited

several weeks for a proof before selling them. Only then did I put them up for sale. that way I was able to keep in check with paypal rules. Organized Business? No, Just a individual that sold a coin with an obligation to get it shipped out in a certain time frame.

The January signal coins arrived in Interior, Alaska, on March 9. The coins received here both look good without many of the quality issues mentioned in other posts. The only difference I can see on the Signal side of the coin is that raised letters around the rim of the coin are not as contrasting a color as the design artwork indicates so they don't stand out as much.

The January signal coins arrived in Interior, Alaska, on March 9. The coins received here both look good without many of the quality issues mentioned in other posts. The only difference I can see on the Signal side of the coin is that raised letters around the rim of the coin are not as contrasting a color as the design artwork indicates so they don't stand out as much.

I would conceed that the art work does differ a little from the way my coin looks. The lettering does not stand out as much on the real coin as it does in the first pic. But the green on my coin looks like the green on the coin art. Unlike the picture posted above.

but I still think it is a cool coin.

The coin that were mailed out must be of a different metal than the ones pictured on the GeoCoinStore look:

GeoCoinStore Picture

currentsignalfront.gif

The Coin Actual Picture

sigfront.jpg

What do you call that.....bait and switch.... :)

Wow, I hadn't put together what was wrong until you posted this picture. The posted picture looks like it was antique bronze. It looks very nice with everything readable and nice detail. Doing a black nickel coin with black paint was either a mistake or an error in judgement. Either way, I'm going to request that mine be replaced with the one pictured.

--Marky

I believe in the 20 day prepay policy. Some people that were not established businesses had taken peoples money and sat on it for a long time before even ordering the product that they sold.

Yes my license plate coins were shipped promptly after being sold. I am wondering what your question is?

I ordered the coin directly from a mint in korea. I paid for the coin in full with my own money. I waited

several weeks for a proof before selling them. Only then did I put them up for sale. that way I was able to keep in check with paypal rules. Organized Business? No, Just a individual that sold a coin with an obligation to get it shipped out in a certain time frame.

Exactly.

Edited by D@nim@l

The one pictured that we used as a guide when purchasing looks antique silver to me. So basically we purchased based one one thing and were delivered a different product.

I've noticed that several of the proof photos look better than the coins received lately. Not only was I disappointed with the signal coin, I also wasn't thrilled with the quality of the Scout coin (too thin) or the inking on the GAS coin (design was for a 1.75"). Of course those coins were a few dollars less too.

I have no ill feelings towards the geocoin store as SSG suggested. I just feel if a business is going to charge premium prices (compared to others), then their product should be "the best." The geocoinstore is falling very short of that at the moment. It's too bad too because the quality on a handful of their offerings... team desert eagle and fraher family was very good. What changed on some of these other editions?

I want to make the following statements.

- All coins, including the sample from which the photo on the site was made, were black nickel. It was a conscious decision given the dark theme of that month's wallpaper.

- I have the sample and have it right next to a final piece and they are identical save for the code (which was fake on the sample coin). There was no "bait and switch" as has been implied (or maybe... just straight out alleged).

- If you take 100 different pictures of a coin with shiny metal finish at 100 different angles and 100 different lighting conditions, it'll look different every time. This effect is magnified on a dark metal coin with dark enamel.

- Examine every coin in your collections. I gurantee you'll see minor imperfections in many/most of them. Not limited to the coins produced by our group.

- Since its inception the Signal coin has gotten a lot of attention. From the first (inaccurate) insistence that they ALL have the same tracking code, right through to this thread they have been under a microscope. Literally. When you go looking for flaws they are easier to find.

I stand by the quality of our coins, which I think are getting pretty mixed reviews here, but which I think are very comparable to the coins being produced and delivered by other minting groups. Obviously the price being paid here was not for the metal, but for the series.

- All coins, including the sample from which the photo on the site was made, were black nickel. It was a conscious decision given the dark theme of that month's wallpaper.

- I have the sample and have it right next to a final piece and they are identical save for the code (which was fake on the sample coin). There was no "bait and switch" as has been implied (or maybe... just straight out alleged).

- If you take 100 different pictures of a coin with shiny metal finish at 100 different angles and 100 different lighting conditions, it'll look different every time. This effect is magnified on a dark metal coin with dark enamel.

- Examine every coin in your collections. I gurantee you'll see minor imperfections in many/most of them. Not limited to the coins produced by our group.

- Since its inception the Signal coin has gotten a lot of attention. From the first (inaccurate) insistence that they ALL have the same tracking code, right through to this thread they have been under a microscope. Literally. When you go looking for flaws they are easier to find.

I stand by the quality of our coins, which I think are getting pretty mixed reviews here, but which I think are very comparable to the coins being produced and delivered by other minting groups. Obviously the price being paid here was not for the metal, but for the series.

Edited by powmia

I contacted you about the poor quality of the 2 coins I received and have received no response.......

Well, I must be one of the luckier customers. I got my first Signal today and although I am very disappointed with the enamel which does have 'fisheyes' and what appears to be trash embedded in it, the coin seems to be of much better quality than what has been described by others. I think the color of the enamel does overpower the finish of the metal strongly and the coin has to be tilted into the light to be able to discern the lettering but my tracking number is centered on the pad and does not run off the edge and is comparable to some other coins in my posession.

All in all, I am satisfied with my coin, or would be if I had paid $6-$8 for it. If the finish quality of the rest of the coins in the series doesn't improve, I don't think I will be wasting any more money on them.

Greg

I contacted you about the poor quality of the 2 coins I received and have received no response.......

We got 1 today and besides the grind marks on the edge and cracks and bubbles in the paint, it's not a bad looking coin.

Now onto another problem, has anybody activated a Signal coin and then tried to drop it somewhere? People can grab it from us, we can grab it back, but if we have it and goto a cache page, it doesn't show in our inventory. We dropped all our other bugs at an event, we have the box at the bottom when we goto log the event, but all the box shows is " None Selected" . Something is there but it's not this fine looking Signal coin? Any ideas? Hints?

Edited by n8gni

I stand by the quality of our coins, ....

Obviously some people received a coin that was acceptable quality and some of us did not.

Does this mean you are willing to:

1) replace what some of us consider a sub-standard quality coin with a better looking coin?

or

2) refund our money?

I would of course be more than happy to return the coin I received for a replacement or refund.

Edited by TMOCM

Has anyone had a problem activating theirs? When I try to activate it on the website, as instructed on the plastic envelope the coin came in, it says that code doesn't exist. I e-mailed several days ago about this problem and have heard nothing. I really would like to activate it sometime...

By the way, mine seems to be fairly good quality, although a bit hard to read because of the dark color, not because it's poorly done.

I received one in the mail today as a trade..

heres my take..

overall it looks okay, the black nickel with black enamel is a bit much, it would have been better with what the picture looks like, a bronze coin. I looked closely at the coin and i can see what looks like bursh marks and blots where it was painted i guess, but only if you look close at it.

the tracking number is off center and hard to read, but the last coin club coin i received was that way as well..

someone mentioned that they had grid marks on the coin, out of my 100 personal coins i ordered from personalgeocoins.com i had 1 like that. i drilled a hole in it and attached a travel big tag and sent it out as a traveler, but if i had paid $10 for it i would be hopping mad! i think that the place these people are having the coins made totally have a quality control problem and i would find it hard to pay money for anything else they make.

We got 1 today and besides the grind marks on the edge and cracks and bubbles in the paint, it's not a bad looking coin.

Now onto another problem, has anybody activated a Signal coin and then tried to drop it somewhere? People can grab it from us, we can grab it back, but if we have it and goto a cache page, it doesn't show in our inventory. We dropped all our other bugs at an event, we have the box at the bottom when we goto log the event, but all the box shows is " None Selected" . Something is there but it's not this fine looking Signal coin? Any ideas? Hints?

I recieved this email from Geocoins

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 22:15 -0600, Geocoin Support ( Name Removed ) wrote:

> Hi Mike,

>

> I saw your post in the forums. I'm sorry for the quality issue. If

> you would like to exchange the coins, we'd be happy to get you new

> ones. If you'd like to return them, we can accomodate that as well.

> Please let me know. Thanks.

Well i have asked the twice what address should i send the coin to for

exchange, today i recieved and email from the stating send it to

the address on the shipping envelope that the coins came in. I have no

idea where it is, seems as though it would have been just as easy to

email me back the address as it was to say it's on the label.

I assumed they may want it sent to another address or someones

attention so they could verify the flaws and send me out another coin.

Maybe it's just me

I have no ill feelings towards the geocoin store as SSG suggested. I just feel if a business is going to charge premium prices (compared to others), then their product should be "the best." The geocoinstore is falling very short of that at the moment. It's too bad too because the quality on a handful of their offerings... team desert eagle and fraher family was very good. What changed on some of these other editions?

Atlanta Gal

I have reviewed all the posts (so far) and found something very interesting, of all the people that suggested they were vey disatisfied with the www.geocoinstore.com signal product they recieved, About %50-%60 of these disatisfied customers elluded to price in thier posts.

Many of them even went as far as to suggest if I had paid only X dollars they would be satisfied. Now I will quickly conceed that there is logic to the idea that the more you pay for something the higher your expectations and I don't think that January Signal coin is the best coin they have ever made. But, I suspect some of the people are complaining because they are looking at the www.geocoinstore.com coins with microscopes. They are bitter about the prices and will post anything to put the www.geocoinstore.com down. It does not sound like you are one of them.

Obviously I cannot prove this theory, The truth about peoples motives are only known by them.

As for me, I am sticking up for the geocoinstore NOT because I benefit in anyway. I am just another customer.

I can't wait for the Feb Signal Coin....then march... april.... ETC......

Anyone know what month Signal's birthday is? :anibad:

I'm still waiting to receive one in trade, so I haven't seen it in person yet.

However, looking at the two pictures, I find it very hard to believe they have the same finish. I have plenty of black nickel coins in my collection, and the black nickel coloring does vary. But I have never seen one look like the sample picture no matter what angle the light hits it at.

As far as price goes, I imagine they are not only dealing with the standard tracking number fees, but there must also be a licensing fee involved, so we should expect them to cost more than a normal coin.

That being said, most of the coins that I have seen from the Korean companies seem to be made with a pewter base metal. Take any MiGO coin, and compare it to say a Volunteer coin, a Dorkfish coin, or another similarly sized coin that is made at one of the other vendors...there is a distinct difference in the feel and the weight.

I'm not saying this makes it a better coin, but there is something deeply rooted in our psyche that tells us something heavier is better.

In going through my collection, I have noticed a dis-proportionate number of coins in the pewter metal that my tracking numbers run off the edge of the flat spot. The only conclusion I can draw from this is a manufacturer that uses the pewter metal has some quality control issues.

Atlanta Gal

I have reviewed all the posts (so far) and found something very interesting, of all the people that suggested they were vey disatisfied with the www.geocoinstore.com signal product they recieved, About %50-%60 of these disatisfied customers elluded to price in thier posts.

Many of them even went as far as to suggest if I had paid only X dollars they would be satisfied. Now I will quickly conceed that there is logic to the idea that the more you pay for something the higher your expectations and I don't think that January Signal coin is the best coin they have ever made. But, I suspect some of the people are complaining because they are looking at the www.geocoinstore.com coins with microscopes. They are bitter about the prices and will post anything to put the www.geocoinstore.com down. It does not sound like you are one of them.

Obviously I cannot prove this theory, The truth about peoples motives are only known by them.

As for me, I am sticking up for the geocoinstore NOT because I benefit in anyway. I am just another customer.

I got my coin two days after my post and my coin was fine. My concern was timing. Most of the comments on their website were about timing not quality. The MIGO was delayed also due to errors but there is nothing on their website stating this. I don't think a status update is asking too much and would certainly help their cause on the customer service front. Wouldn't you rather post one update than answer the same question a hundred times. Apparently some people feel blown off by that.

I just got the 2 January Signal coins today that I ordered. (in Canada).

I admit I was very worried that I would be disappointed with these coins after reading all the comments. Here is my take on the coins I received:

Overall I am very happy with them and have no complaints. I think they are close enough to the proof that was pictured on the store page. Of the 2 coins I purchased, one seems perfect, while the 2nd has a bunch of paint scratched off (as if someone took a pin to it) in the green painted area of the eastern United States section...or the paint just didn't take to it, as it only has a few bits of noticeable green. Also I have to hold the coin at a bit of an angle into the light to see the tracking number on this 2nd coin too, where I don't with the other coin.

Here's a question, are these gc.com made coins or are these coins that someone else licensed to make?

Here are the front and back images of the 2nd coin of the two...3rd picture shows the imperfection in the Eastern United States in the area that should be green.

I look forward to receiving the February coins. I haven't decided if I am ordering the March Signal coins yet, as unfortunately the $10 price is the factor. I would like to see some more variety in future coins. Anyways, well done and I am a happy customer of the Signal geocoin.

263cc7cd-983f-47b7-8911-8b96d3d20e20.jpg

f875788c-14d3-4ccf-be3b-a015df9420e8.jpg

See the missing paint/scratches in the green area of the Eastern United States?

e1bb8f0e-f6ef-4416-8885-a0d3362257fd.jpg

Atlanta Gal

I like the coins I received (2). I have ordered 2 for Feb. I will order 2 for March when on sale. I plan to purchase 2 for each month. I am satisifed. I am wondering when the negative comments for the GOcoin store will cease. Each time I have contacted the store I have received repies, no matter what the subject. I suppose when the Feb deliveries begin, a new Feb thread will appear. Whatever. It is like a letter to the editor....something to read, laugh or cry about, and call it a day.

I do have to call shenanigans on the sample pic vs. the actual coin explanation, but hey...that's understandable damage control. I'd do the same thing. Something obviously changed along the way from the samples to the final product, and quite frankly, the discerning collectors here are gonna point that out. Price, quality, whatever...this crowd speaks up when something's awry, that's just how it goes here. Live by the forums, die by the forums. I've been there myself.

I also have yet to receive my coin through my buying group, but I've seen two in person, from different owners, and the coin's not the best work I've seen from there. I'm sure some folks will take this all the wrong way, so I'll apologize ahead of time if I've offended, but the truth is the truth. People paid cash, people ain't happy. It's happening all over the retail world as I type this, so it's nothing new. Nothing personal against the geocoinstore, Groundspeak, Signal, price, anything...but business works that way sometimes. Sometimes you get a gem, sometimes you get a dud. They order the coins, and the mint makes 'em. If the mint didn't make 'em right, then it's on the mint. If it happens too much, get a new mint. Everyone has a choice.

Some folks are just fine with what they got, as I'll be. I've said my piece to offer some understanding about how many factors are most likely involved. I'm not gonna harp on it anymore after this. The reality is that sometimes in order to bring a product in at the customer's target price, and still leave room to make enough cash to make running the business worth it, you'll have a quality issue from time to time.

Peace out,

Yime

I do have to call shenanigans on the sample pic vs. the actual coin explanation, but hey...that's understandable damage control. I'd do the same thing. Something obviously changed along the way from the samples to the final product, and quite frankly, the discerning collectors here are gonna point that out. Price, quality, whatever...this crowd speaks up when something's awry, that's just how it goes here. Live by the forums, die by the forums. I've been there myself.

I also have yet to receive my coin through my buying group, but I've seen two in person, from different owners, and the coin's not the best work I've seen from there. I'm sure some folks will take this all the wrong way, so I'll apologize ahead of time if I've offended, but the truth is the truth. People paid cash, people ain't happy. It's happening all over the retail world as I type this, so it's nothing new. Nothing personal against the geocoinstore, Groundspeak, Signal, price, anything...but business works that way sometimes. Sometimes you get a gem, sometimes you get a dud. They order the coins, and the mint makes 'em. If the mint didn't make 'em right, then it's on the mint. If it happens too much, get a new mint. Everyone has a choice.

Some folks are just fine with what they got, as I'll be. I've said my piece to offer some understanding about how many factors are most likely involved. I'm not gonna harp on it anymore after this. The reality is that sometimes in order to bring a product in at the customer's target price, and still leave room to make enough cash to make running the business worth it, you'll have a quality issue from time to time.

Peace out,

Yime

HOORAY for YIME

What is the saying? Caveat Emptor - "Let the Buyer be ware..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor

:anibad:

Don't take this as a flame, but to be honest that's not true. I didn't buy a Signal coin, but nearly all the coins I have that are flawed or have other quality issues came from your store. I also know other people who have said the same thing.

Atlanta Gal

Many of them even went as far as to suggest if I had paid only X dollars they would be satisfied. Now I will quickly conceed that there is logic to the idea that the more you pay for something the higher your expectations and I don't think that January Signal coin is the best coin they have ever made. But, I suspect some of the people are complaining because they are looking at the geocoinstore coins with microscopes. They are bitter about the prices and will post anything to put the geocoinstore down. It does not sound like you are one of them.

I'm not by any means saying I'd be happy if I paid less money. Instead I am saying I would be less angry. There IS a difference. I'm also not looking at ANY of my coins under a microscope... especially since I don't even own one :anibad:

So your logic is flawed at least where I am concerned. The bottom line with me is when the geocoin store switched mints and I got several coins from that mint... team desert eagle, Fraher family, bigfoot... I thought great, now I like the quality of the coins and so I adjusted my buying to reflect that. Then I get the January signal, Scout, GAS and Anthus Firefighter coins and I'm like what the heck happened? I'm very disatisfied with all of those coins, but most disatisfied with signal cause it's an expensive coin and it looks the worst.

The DO have a quality issue in that they cannot provide any consistancy in their offerings. You can deny it all you want, but it's there plain as day. And furthermore, I have every reason in the world to complain if I am unhappy. I spemd a lot of money at their website! They are a retail outlet and as such are supposed to provide quality products to their customers (ahem, that would be me too). They're falling way short of that mark with these last few coins. To say I am disappointed is putting it mildly.

I'm at the point now where I am skipping a lot of their coins on purpose and trading for them. The isle of man will be a big test for them. If that coin ends up being cheaper, thinner and chinsey compared to the first 100 and/or proof photo, I will be screaming from the rooftops. And trust me, it won't be "nice" things I'm screaming either.

I'm sure I'm hardly alone with my feelings. And remember, there is no bias blinding me.

Atlanta Gal

Many of them even went as far as to suggest if I had paid only X dollars they would be satisfied. Now I will quickly conceed that there is logic to the idea that the more you pay for something the higher your expectations and I don't think that January Signal coin is the best coin they have ever made. But, I suspect some of the people are complaining because they are looking at the geocoinstore coins with microscopes. They are bitter about the prices and will post anything to put the geocoinstore down. It does not sound like you are one of them.

I'm not by any means saying I'd be happy if I paid less money. Instead I am saying I would be less angry. There IS a difference. I'm also not looking at ANY of my coins under a microscope... especially since I don't even own one :)

Atlanta Girl

So your logic is flawed at least where I am concerned. The bottom line with me is when the geocoin store switched mints and I got several coins from that mint... team desert eagle, Fraher family, bigfoot... I thought great, now I like the quality of the coins and so I adjusted my buying to reflect that. Then I get the January signal, Scout, GAS and Anthus Firefighter coins and I'm like what the heck happened? I'm very disatisfied with all of those coins, but most disatisfied with signal cause it's an expensive coin and it looks the worst.

The DO have a quality issue in that they cannot provide any consistancy in their offerings. You can deny it all you want, but it's there plain as day. And furthermore, I have every reason in the world to complain if I am unhappy. I spemd a lot of money at their website! They are a retail outlet and as such are supposed to provide quality products to their customers (ahem, that would be me too). They're falling way short of that mark with these last few coins. To say I am disappointed is putting it mildly.

I'm at the point now where I am skipping a lot of their coins on purpose and trading for them. The isle of man will be a big test for them. If that coin ends up being cheaper, thinner and chinsey compared to the first 100 and/or proof photo, I will be screaming from the rooftops. And trust me, it won't be "nice" things I'm screaming either.

I'm sure I'm hardly alone with my feelings. And remember, there is no bias blinding me.

atlanta Gal

Please re-read the last line of the of that you quoted me. It says that I do not think you are one of these people that are out to trash the www.geocoinstore.com . Your posts have been objective. Vs the post that make comments like "This coin just looks like ****" Those are mainly the people that I am refering too.

Edited by SunshineGang

I would not have known who made the coin had it not been said in this thread as I bought through a group so I can not be lumped into the bashers of the geocoinstore for fun group. I will say that it is absurd to say the coin looks like the preview pic. People have been buying coins long enough here to not be dumb enough to buy into that. In that pic you can tell there is no blackening (or whatever word should be used) of the words on the outer ring, as well as the tracking code. This is a MAJOR difference. I did not get what was shown as being sold. I will eat it this time but it is clearly my last coin purchase from the store based on my opinion of lack of quality and then the very buisness like approach of telling the customers they are just wrong and don't know what they are talking about. Seems to me this was the same buisness approach

Sure it's free enterprise, but they need to be held accountable for it. Ultimately we decide how much they make and if they are able to continue on this selling spree. If we don't like this month's coin, they sell less next month, and less the month after that.

My 1 less coin may not matter, but by the sounds of it, there will be alot more than just me dropping this series.