Signal Geocoins.....

D@nim@l

:)B)B):PB)B):D:):D:D:D:(:) .....

Last update from the "store" was two weeks ago.

"Monday, February 20, 2006

February Signal Coin On Sale - January Ships Soon

The January coins will be shipping very soon. We expect them in this week and will ship immediately after receipt."

Anyone know of anyting else?

I received mine today to. I don't know about anyone else, but for $10, I'm not thrilled with the coin quality. If it were a $7 coin, I'd be fine with it. Here's hoping February is an improvement or I won't be buying March.

100% agree with you here AG.. It's very difficult to read the wording.. Almost next to impossible to read the tracking number.. They over killed the coin with all the black.. Poor Signal, we can understand why he is trying to run off the coin..

LM

I'm kinda bummed about it. I ordered 3 coins. Two of the tracking numbers are printed off-center, and are falling off the raised plate. The details look fuzzy, due the overwhelming black on the coin. The '2006 January' on the back of the coin looks like a smudge of blue in a sea of black. I think the black wasn't necessary - It would have looked better as polished finished (or textured for that matter).

That'll be my last purchase of the series. Now I just hope I can find a collector that'll want two of the three on the mere fact that they're first in the series. As of now I'm just hoping to recover the cost of the money I lost by buying these.

I received mine today to. I don't know about anyone else, but for $10, I'm not thrilled with the coin quality. If it were a $7 coin, I'd be fine with it. Here's hoping February is an improvement or I won't be buying March.

I don't care what the next ones look like..I'm NOT buying anymore. If I can ever read the tracking numbers (I'm using a 6x magnifier and it STILL is not clear)...I'll get my activation codes and call it quits on these. What brainiac thought of this design? It s***s......

Edited by Go JayBee

I don't care what the next ones look like..I'm NOT buying anymore. If I can ever read the tracking numbers (I'm using a 6x magnifier and it STILL is not clear)...I'll get my activation codes and call it quits on these. What brainiac thought of this design? It s***s......

No, seriously, what do you really think of the coin? :laughing::lol:

I just got 2 in the mail and they both look bad! They look like they were rolled around in dirt while the black enamel was still wet. Both have the same tracking number problem that others are talking about, they are printed offset and halfway off the space. I am Very dissapointed. For the $10 a piece that these coins cost it would seem that they could at the least look good.

I think the coin store should make up all the bad coins or give up on this series and let some other producer do them that actually cares!

Yea for me

I have to say I did not get one at all due to the $10 price. Now after reading what yall said I'm twice as pleased I did not.

Thankfully I only purchased one January Signal coin, it's the ugliest black nickel coin I've seen and the least favorite coin in my collection. My comments were forwarded to those that produced this coin.

My comments were forwarded to those that produced this coin.

Is anybody else doing this? I think the gang appreciates the heads-up here but if there really is an issue it should be taken to the guys who minted this coin. Everybody saw the artwork and bought based on that so it sounds like the coin got screwed up at the mint from what I read.

I'd suggest everybody that is unhappy with this coin contact the folks who produced it and see what happens.

(I have one coming in trade so I can't say for myself what it looks like)

Got my 2 coins today, YIKES!

Not sure which one i like better, the one with the fingerprint like

riples in the enamal, or the one with the more ragged edge that

looks like a 6th grade shop class project. Sure was not worth the

wait or the price IMHO.

Very poor showing for a first coin, Think i will be taking my chance on

coin quality elsewhere.

Edited by Ozium

I have emailed a link to this thread to the info address posted above.

I have sent my opinion to them also via thier feedback page.

But on the other hand this may be the answer to traveler coins going missing

if anyone can read the tracking number to register the coin in the first place.

Sorry for being so harsh but the January Signal coin maybe the first coin that

i am realy not pleased to have in my collection.

Edited by Ozium

Wow, it sound like I may have been the only one that got a half way decent coin. :anicute: My only complaints were it was way too black and the tracking number was a little small making it hard to read but other then that my 3 coins all seemed to be in ok shape, tracking numbers were all in the right place and everything looked neatly done (I have nicer looking coins in my collection but I also have worse). I ordered a February coin before I got the January coins so we will see how that one turns out before I spend another $10.00 on any more though.

Edited by Willden Wild-Bunch

This was definately a bum coin. I can't read anything on the frontside period. The back isn't quite so bad. The edges have many many imperfections. Lowest quality coin I have recieved so far. Even worse is knowing the price was the highest prices paid by me. :rolleyes:

So glad I only ordered 1 of the Febuary. I'll be sending them a copy of my post as well.

We will be happy to receive your comments. If you have a specific quality concern, please contact us for resolution. If you simply are not the biggest fan of the design, that is your perogative and we will certainly take all input into consideration for future designs.

Please be careful (and fair) when commenting to differentiate between manufacturing quality and opinions on the design. They are very different things but the terms appear to be used interchangeably. We have inspected the coins and feel the quality of the coins is very good and for our part, we're pleased with the design. We stand behind our coins 100%. If there was a production error on yours we would be pleased to discuss it with you. Thanks.

I received both coins today (March 9, 2006). They are looking good. No complaints on this end. Turn around time (order-receipt), less than 4 weeks. This is the high end of the acceptable delivery time mentioned on the site. No problems with that either.

Thank you Trippy1976 for your speedy attention to this matter.

If anyone has any concerns regarding this Signal coin, please use the communication tools provided above. I'm sure the community's feedback is very valuable and will be taken into consideration in the production of future coins. Every great plan starts at the drawing board!

A design is a design and either you like it or you don't. Personally, I like it just fine. And, even with my less than perfect aging eyes, I can read everything on it.

However, quality control is another issue -- in my mind the quality of this coin is poor. The edges are rough; the 'circle' (I don't know what it's called) on the back is uneven -- thicker to the right, thinner to the left; the finish on the upper front is bumpy -- almost pitted, and it looks like there is actually a hair imbedded to the left of Signal's foot; on the back, lower right, there are ridges under the finish, almost looking like a fingerprint.

So, IMHO, this coin is not deserving of its $10+SH price tag. If the producers would like to forward me three coins of acceptable quality, that would be a nice gesture (e-mail me for my address unless you already have it!), and I'll return these after the new ones arrive. No, don't refund my money and ask me to return them -- I'll keep them as examples and will have learned something.

It also is disturbing to me that some of us will have to open yet another online account to post comments to the blogger mentioned earlier. This is a gc.com character -- I say who ever produced these coins and/or allowed these coins to be made should come here for comments, not the other way around.

I'll post all of this here and there -- I already have a blogger account, although if I hadn't, I would not have opened one.

Edited by FluteFace

Since I haven't gotten the ones I ordered yet (Has anyone in Canada gotten their's yet?) could someone post some pictures of their Signal coins? I'm curious to see what the final product looks like.

Don't feel too bad. I saw one at an event last weekend, (the coin I saw looked ok, I didn't look at it very close, tho there was alot of black on the coin) but I still don't have the ones I ordered and I live in the same state as the Coin Club, I even get to pay sales tax on the coins B) . This delay might be due to the fact that I didn't order them in January but in late Febuary and it might just be a first come first served thing, but 6 days of mailings seems like alot?

Since I haven't gotten the ones I ordered yet (Has anyone in Canada gotten their's yet?) could someone post some pictures of their Signal coins? I'm curious to see what the final product looks like.

Don't feel too bad. I saw one at an event last weekend, (the coin I saw looked ok, I didn't look at it very close, tho there was alot of black on the coin) but I still don't have the ones I ordered and I live in the same state as the Coin Club, I even get to pay sales tax on the coins B) . This delay might be due to the fact that I didn't order them in January but in late Febuary and it might just be a first come first served thing, but 6 days of mailings seems like alot?

I ordered my coins Feb 15...... recieved them March 9...sent to Alaska.

Heres a scan. Coins are tough to get a good scan of, but this is my best attempt.

sigfront.jpg

sigback.jpg

I agree with AG. Not all that great for the price and I have seen better for less money. Just my 2 cents worth.

team sidewinder

Thanks, BadAndy, for scanning and posting the pictures.

I copied and pasted and looked at them using a photo editor (increase gamma correction) and it seems the black ground magnifies whatever flaws that are there.

I like the artwork, but the design is "retro." It's comparable to coins made when Moun10Bike Version 2 was new. It's more "coin-like" than many of the newest designs which are more like medallions.