Benchmark Pins For Contestants

We would like to thank stvanme for his offer to have special pins made for those who are in the contest.

After discussing with him about the graphics for the pin, we came to the agreement that all contestants can offer their suggestions on how the pin should look. A final decision will be made after the contest starts (probably around April 15th). If you wish to have your graphic considered, be sure you are signed up for the contest!

We discussed what the price range would be but didn't reach an exact price. I think something was mentioned about all contestants who score at least 20 points, Might get one free. (20 points is equal to about 1 benchmark per week for the duration of the contest.) Any thoughts?

Don't beg & grovel too much though, just enough to make stvanme feel appreciated!

What do you think?

John

We would like to thank stvanme for his offer to have special pins made for those who are in the contest.

After discussing with him about the graphics for the pin, we came to the agreement that all contestants can offer their suggestions on how the pin should look. A final decision will be made after the contest starts (probably around April 15th). If you wish to have your graphic considered, be sure you are signed up for the contest!

I have another idea. This is an actual picture of an old mark found by JoGPS in WILSON county, TN -GC2163.

32553_100.jpg

And another of a mark in SAN BERNARDINO county, CA -FS0257 found first by imapackrat (no pics) and then by Me and Bucky with a lot of pics.

d0f964ef-b7b9-48ae-8664-0e97cbe7ac59.jpg

A close-up, and now the one of the far shots...

b5020f54-8fb5-4eb5-8c9c-50657858a213.jpg

Do you think either of these marks would make a great looking pin - maybe with '2006 benchmark contest' along the bottom and top?

Boy, stvanme and GeoTrailblazer1 know how to get me thinking and trying to remember some of the marks I have seen posted that might look good.

Shirley~

I wish I could help with the artwork...but i have NO talent in that department.

Is there a price in mind yet?

As of the moment, we (stvanme & the 2oldfarts) are leaning towards free, if you get XX number of points in the contest. We haven't decided on a final figure yet, but it will be about 15-20 points or so. This will be based on the number of participants.

If you verbally draw a picture of what you think would be a good looking pin, I'm sure someone will do the actual drawing for it.

John

Since you are talking about them being free (but I would pay for one) I think it should be kept simple.

The bronze colored BM pin is kind of cool but the pic of the US BM chisled in stone is even better.

A square pin with the top letters being US or USGS. The bottom letter could be BM with 2006 in a bit smaller letters in the middle. Have the face of the pin have that split rock look.

I am not an artist nor am I creative.