Made In China Geocoin

nielsenc

For those of you looking to get a Made in China Geocoin, you can go here:

http://shop.geoswag.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/mic.html

These coins are trackable on www.geocaching.com and have their Own Icon.

This is the first time they have been announced in the forums.

This coin shows the GPS Coordinates of the factory in China where many

Geocoins are made for all the different companies. Each Geocoin made here

travels from China -> Hong Kong -> Oakland. This is a China Geocoin made in China.

There is a hole cut in each Geocoin to attach tags for Traveling Missions.

Edited by nielsenc

IMHO this coin has absolutely nothing to do with geocaching. You may want to consider peddling it in the off-topic forums. :P

Actually it does where do you think most of the geocoins are made. :)

My coins will be made in Korea, not China (although you are probably correct about most).

Ohh, wait a minute. Here is another crummy idea for another crummy series of coins. Made in China, Made in Korea, Made in Taiwan, Made in Singapore, Made in Hong Kong, Made in Pakistan. They could have some meaningless coordinates of some vague factory that we will never visit while geocaching. I bet someone would buy it.

IMHO this coin has absolutely nothing to do with geocaching. You may want to consider peddling it in the off-topic forums. :)

Actually it does where do you think most of the geocoins are made. :P

My coins will be made in Korea, not China (although you are probably correct about most).

Ohh, wait a minute. Here is another crummy idea for another crummy series of coins. Made in China, Made in Korea, Made in Taiwan, Made in Singapore, Made in Hong Kong, Made in Pakistan. They could have some meaningless coordinates of some vague factory that we will never visit while geocaching. I bet someone would buy it.

B):) Not me :)

IMHO this coin has absolutely nothing to do with geocaching. You may want to consider peddling it in the off-topic forums. :anicute:

Hi,

We are always on the lookout for constructive feedback. There used to be a Geocache down the road from the factory where most of the Geocoins are made.

Thanks!

nielsenc

I gotta buy one of those coins so I can get the coords of the mint that did not color in my middle childs bangs so I can fly her over there and let her give them a piece of her mind!! :anicute::yikes:

LOL !! Just Kidding! :anicute::anibad::ph34r::yikes:

I guess this coin would have meaning to me since most likely it is the place my coins were minted. I am going to have to get some!

IMHO this coin has absolutely nothing to do with geocaching. You may want to consider peddling it in the off-topic forums. :anicute:

Funny . . . It's reasonably priced, trackable and, based on the one that I have out, people enjoy finding it in a geocache. (OK, it's only been picked up once at this point, but based on response to other geocoins I have in the wild, people like to find them and move them along.) It, like other geocoins, is a compact travelbug that is neat to find and yields an icon bonus. Though I don't want every geocoin that's out there, nice ones are cool to get, release and/or find. Used as a travelbug, this coin seems to have a great deal to do with geocaching.

I wouldn't mind a Korean geocoin either! If I had one it's mission would be to find its way to Korea and visit some of the places that I have been.

I'd be hard pressed to identify more than a handful of geocoins that really seem to have anything to do with geoaching. So what.

Actually it does where do you think most of the geocoins are made. :anicute:

Would you like to trade?

As for a series, since our current batch of coins are made in China, I dont see us making a 'made in Korea' coin.

Most manufacturing today has left both Hong Kong and Singapore.

As for visiting one close, I was going to visit this one on my next visit to get the FTF but it looks like it was covered by bricks:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...76-550f705abca8

nielsenc

IMHO this coin has absolutely nothing to do with geocaching. You may want to consider peddling it in the off-topic forums. :)

Funny . . . It's reasonably priced, trackable and, based on the one that I have out, people enjoy finding it in a geocache. (OK, it's only been picked up once at this point, but based on response to other geocoins I have in the wild, people like to find them and move them along.) It, like other geocoins, is a compact travelbug that is neat to find and yields an icon bonus. Though I don't want every geocoin that's out there, nice ones are cool to get, release and/or find. Used as a travelbug, this coin seems to have a great deal to do with geocaching.

I wouldn't mind a Korean geocoin either! If I had one it's mission would be to find its way to Korea and visit some of the places that I have been.

I'd be hard pressed to identify more than a handful of geocoins that really seem to have anything to do with geoaching. So what.

I totally agree. At least there is a better possibility that this coin will actually get released in the wild thus being used for what it is meant for. Unlike many geocoins that are lucky see the light of day in a binder. I'm going to release one in my area and I bet it won't stay in any cache longer than a day for weeks as long as someone doesn't decide keep it.

Edited by stvanme

Do you ever have ANYTHING positive to say?

/shakes head

Guess he missed that day in school or his Mommy never showed him the movie Bambi.

IMHO this coin has absolutely nothing to do with geocaching. You may want to consider peddling it in the off-topic forums. :laughing:

Do you ever have ANYTHING positive to say?

/shakes head

Of course I do. There are some awesome coins out there that are very relivent to geocaching. Unfortunately there appears to be a glut on irrelivent ones right now. Hopefully this problem will solve itself.

:(

Of course I do. There are some awesome coins out there that are very relivent to geocaching. Unfortunately there appears to be a glut on irrelivent ones right now. Hopefully this problem will solve itself.

Well said phantom. Some of us do agree with you, we're just scared of the group hugs! :laughing:

Well said phantom. Some of us do agree with you, we're just scared of the group hugs! :unsure:

What's the matter with hugs? :laughing:

This was one of the goals, to get it moving :D.

Thanks!

nielsenc

I totally agree. At least there is a better possibility that this coin will actually get released in the wild thus being used for what it is meant for. Unlike many geocoins that are lucky see the light of day in a binder. I'm going to release one in my area and I bet it won't stay in any cache longer than a day for weeks as long as someone doesn't decide keep it.

The problem with some Geocoins, they are so rare that regardless if someone else is the rightful owner, they are going to keep it and put it in their binders. Take for example my brothers 2004 USA Geocoins, Silver. They were put out to travel and guess what, were taken from the first cache!

So, with a more mass produced coin, you will see more in the wild. Just like USA Geocoins.