Tiny Cache Container For Stage One Of A Multi

I found this:

Picture5.jpg

Picture6.jpg

At a local store while shopping for cache swag. I snagged it because I can throw some plumber's tape on the threads and have the first stage of a truly, deeply, nastily fiendish multi. I'm not totally certain what I'll do with it, but I'm probably going to put a riddle in it and make it part of the puzzle.

Now, if I can figure out a place to hide it... :P

I snagged it because I can throw some plumber's tape on the threads and have the first stage of a truly, deeply, nastily fiendish multi.

Do you mean Teflon tape? That'll get ruined with the first person to open the container. If it isn't waterproof, maybe a little o-ring? Or put it in a dry location.

What is it, by the way? What's it cost?

I snagged it because I can throw some plumber's tape on the threads and have the first stage of a truly, deeply, nastily fiendish multi.

Do you mean Teflon tape? That'll get ruined with the first person to open the container. If it isn't waterproof, maybe a little o-ring? Or put it in a dry location.

Yeah, I did mean teflon tape- you think it'll get ruined by one opening? I haven't had problems in the past with it.

I actually don't know if it's waterproof- I'm assuming not, because it doesn't have any o-ring. I may leave it in my backyard for a week or so and see how the paper fares.

Dry location is probably best all around.

What is it, by the way? What's it cost?

I picked it up at a little funky store in the town I live in called Archibald Sisters. They sell all kinds of cool stuff, and they had a bunch of these little things- they're made of aluminum, and I think it was called a "poetry capsule" or something like that. It cost something like 2 or 3 dollars as I recall.

I may leave it in my backyard for a week or so and see how the paper fares.

Leave it in your pants pocket and run it through the wash (not dryer :P ). Try teflon, o-ring, nothing; see what happens.

Hey, good idea. I took a closer look at it and there is a cupped bit on the socket side which would be perfect for an o-ring. I think that would be best if I can find one to fit. I thought at first glance that it wouldn't work because there was no space for it to fit.

Hey, good idea. I took a closer look at it and there is a cupped bit on the socket side which would be perfect for an o-ring. I think that would be best if I can find one to fit. I thought at first glance that it wouldn't work because there was no space for it to fit.

Some hardware stores will have an o-ring cabinet. You may get away with buying only the one that fits.

Some hardware stores will have an o-ring cabinet. You may get away with buying only the one that fits.

Yeah, I'll check into that on the way home tonight.

I'm looking forward to setting this one up. I have a feeling that if I do it right, it'll be quite tough and rewarding. :anicute:

We have had several of those here in AZ. That very container was the WHOLE CACHE, not just stage 1. Of course around here you can just put it under a rock and it's protected from what little rain we get.

Well, there's so many micros around here that I don't want my first cache to be yet another miniscule cache. I've got some ideas for a really fiendish puzzle cache, involving this as the first stage, but I need a theme for it first. Something still needs to come together to make it "gel". :)

I have one of those. But mine was the extra bulb holder for a micro-mag-lite. I cut a pebble in half, drilled the inside of both halves, and glued the capsule inside the two halves. You can unscrew the two halves of the rock now, and it's still smaller than a quarter. Now to hide it somewhere that it wont get lost.

I have one of those. But mine was the extra bulb holder for a micro-mag-lite. I cut a pebble in half, drilled the inside of both halves, and glued the capsule inside the two halves. You can unscrew the two halves of the rock now, and it's still smaller than a quarter. Now to hide it somewhere that it wont get lost.

Very nice! I've been trying to come up with something "new" to do with this one, but I'm pretty sure that everything under the sun's been done. :P

Those nanos are very popular for urban caches here. I've got 12 waiting to go out, but I just don't have the heart to do it.:D I'd rather put out an ammo can. :D

Yeah, I don't want to make my first cache a nano like this. But it would be fun to make my first cache a memorable one with this little baby as the first stop. :D

Think also about the difficulty. If there's a cache out there that logs a load of DNF's because it's a very hard hide in a very seemingly easy spot, people will flock for bragging rights. At least that's how they do it in Indiana.

I'm planning on making it a 4 or 5 difficulty rating, with a 1 or 2 terrain rating. I want it to be hard to figure out, not get. :D

The actual cache will probably be an ammo can.