2006 British Columbia Geocoin

Landsharkz

Why would a shipment from Hong Kong, direct to Canada, need to pass through American Homeland security facilities?

Homeland Security needs to test out their new orca-sniffing dogs. You never know when they'll detect something fishy.

Dont' bother...I'll boo myself.

:lol:

No, allow me: Boo! :lol:

2006 BC Geocoins - The super pod of orca have been released and are on their way N, S, E & W :P .

I know some of you are going to keep your orca in captivity :) , but hopefully some of them get released back into the wild. Would like to know when they reach their destination, so please report your orca sightings here :) !

If you also ordered LMGA coins from our website, your orca are still here waiting for the LMGA coin to be sent with them. I'll post again when the last batch of orca are released.

my 2 just arrived. You should be very proud, this is an incredible coin. Thanks kindly for producing it!!

Edit: is there a pic of the icon yet?

Wow, thank you for your compliments :P !

We had a lot of fun with the artwork revisions, trying to get the mint to create it as we'd designed it. Our perseverance paid off. Sorry about the packaging, we didn't know we had to specify pvc bags to get them :ph34r: . Now that we know, we've ordered them for the LMGA coin and also enough to repackage what's left of the BC Geocoin (not many). Anyway, it's not the wrapping that counts, but what's inside!

To see the icons: have a look at our profile to see the large icon and have a look at GCVHN9 in the inventory list of trackables at the event, to see the small icon. They are different. One is jumping and one is spyholing.

Mine arrived yesterday as well -- I like them very much, but then I tend to be fond of coins and such from what I consider very nearly my own back yard.

How ever, it seems that there had been some 'tampering' with the envelope, although i suspect it was customs on one side of the border or the other :shocked:. My mailer had actually been slit open on one end ;) and then taped closed. Thankfully, the coins were still there. :D

coins arrived in the UK

wow what a fantastic coin its awsome. I have to admit its my favorite coin i have bought and the icon is so cute.

My neighbour has a house in BC and he has a picture on the wall by the artist of the whale so i got him a coin he loves it

Thanks for producing an excelant coin

Beautiful! Uhhh am I to late, can I still get one?

Pepper

Psst Pepper, If they don't have any left, my order *should* be here before GW4 (it's waiting on the LMAC coins to come in so they can ship together at a discounted rate). I can bring one with me to trade you or sell you at cost. Just let me know.

Pepper

Psst Pepper, If they don't have any left, my order *should* be here before GW4 (it's waiting on the LMAC coins to come in so they can ship together at a discounted rate). I can bring one with me to trade you or sell you at cost. Just let me know.

Pepper, your order is being shipped today!

There are still a few BC Geocoins left. One large order (40 coins) is still unpaid, plus I've set aside a quantity for BC cachers to buy at events. After the coin release events this weekend, we'll likely have more to sell. Orders are being processed as they come in, unless you want the LMGA as well. We're not in a panic to sell them all, I kinda like having a few spare around to drop in caches unexpectedly or donate to local events <_< .

I'm also going to give one to our friend Tom, the First Nation artist who created the orca art from our sketches. We've approached him to help with upcoming coins that are on our design board so this may not be the last you see of Tom's work on Landsharkz.ca coins.

The final shipment of 2006 BC Geocoins went in the mail yesterday along with the LMGA coins.

There is a big surprise for a cacher in England... I used a bigger box, tucked in some TB's that wanted to travel and also a TB of his that I found in a cache here which wanted to go home. The day after I found it, he ordered some of our geocoins.

Pepper

Pepper, your order is being shipped today!

thanks for the update, I have wonderful memories of caching in Vancover and in Victoria! The island 4 day trip was awesome! Thanks for the coin.

Pepper

If anyone is expecting BC Gecoins and you have not received them (and we have not already been in touch), would you please drop us a line. Some of the paypal invoices we sent at the beginning of April still show as unpaid and so we haven't shipped coins to those people. There's not many, but there are a few. We only have a few coins left (about 50/1000) and we would like to get them to the people who originally expressed interest before we sell-out to new orders.

The post office returned an envelope of 5 BC Geocoins to Landsharkz yesterday based on our return address label. It seems the mailing label came off at some point so we don’t know whose they are :ph34r: . I’ve gone through all the orders to find out who pre-ordered 5 coins in the hopes that I can find a home for these.

Emails have gone out to everyone who might be affected (this was from the first shipment) so hopefully we can get these back out the door again shortly. This time I'll use ink directly on the envelope :ph34r: .

I've started taping down the return address label, but I guess we're going to have to tape down the mailing labels too! ;)