Anyone Know About This?

Following the government's freedom of information act, access for the public is available to all speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mp over the set limit it is registered in a database?

you only get a ticket if you are way over the limit, (this is the bit that we didn't know)if you receive 20 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you JUST go over the limit. This is why you hear of people getting prosecuted for speeds of 34mph in a 30 mph zone whilst others doing 39 do not.

you can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the folling link

My Webpage

click to register and you will be given a username and password

Nige

Edited by The Northumbrian

you can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the folling link

My Webpage

click to register and you will be given a username and password

Nige

Well Nige, as far as I can tell this a load of old bull. I put in my reg and it came up with two speeding offences, one at 39.1 mph in Cambridge on the 1st March this year, and the other at 81.9 in Cleveland. Neither places were visited by me or my car. So where they got their information from I do not know. Has anyone else tried this link to see if it has more credibility than I found ?

Regards.......Red Squadron

Well Nige, as far as I can tell this a load of old bull. I put in my reg and it came up with two speeding offences, one at 39.1 mph in Cambridge on the 1st March this year, and the other at 81.9 in Cleveland. Neither places were visited by me or my car. So where they got their information from I do not know. Has anyone else tried this link to see if it has more credibility than I found ?

Regards.......Red Squadron

:P:):):)B)B)B)

Shortly after the new system of automatic cameras/fines came into effect one motorist who was sent a picture of his speeding car with a demand for the fine responded by sending back a photograph of a cheque.

The police responded by sending him a photograph of a pair of handcuffs.

He then responded by sending the money!

Geocaching context: I believe there is a virt which can be claimed by posting a picture of a speeding ticket.

Shortly after the new system of automatic cameras/fines came into effect one motorist who was sent a picture of his speeding car with a demand for the fine responded by sending back a photograph of a cheque.

The police responded by sending him a photograph of a pair of handcuffs.

He then responded by sending the money!

Ha ha. At least there are some police officers who have, and are prepared to use, their sense of humour.

i sent this link to my dad - who sent it to my uncle.

being a big old drama queen, my uncle soiled his underpants, and thinking that his plates had been cloned he picked up the phone to report it to the police. - my dad on skype told him to look at the photo - just as he was dialing his local station.

i wish i could have seen my uncle having a fit about his 'cloned' plates and i wish i could have seen his face when he realised he almost made a right proper 'bum hole' of himself to the police!

a quality link! - tho i dont expect to still be on my uncles christmas card list!

ah well,it was worth it - the family will remind him about it for years to come!!

cheers very much!! :laughing::unsure::(

i sent this link to my dad - who sent it to my uncle.

being a big old drama queen, my uncle soiled his underpants, and thinking that his plates had been cloned he picked up the phone to report it to the police. - my dad on skype told him to look at the photo - just as he was dialing his local station.

i wish i could have seen my uncle having a fit about his 'cloned' plates and i wish i could have seen his face when he realised he almost made a right proper 'bum hole' of himself to the police!

a quality link! - tho i dont expect to still be on my uncles christmas card list!

ah well,it was worth it - the family will remind him about it for years to come!!

cheers very much!! :blink::laughing::unsure:

I bet the police already know about this site and I bet they're having a good old chuckle when members of the public ring in :(