Geocaching In Yha Mag

So who are the geocaching experts?? Anyone we know?!

Yes you do :):P Although modesty forbids........!!

Actually I was going to make a more "official" announcement once all the arrangements and various details have been sorted out. Groundspeak are involved in what is happening and are being supportive. As this is a commercial undertaking a number of aspects still have to be agreed but it is good that in this case we have something aimed at UK geocachers.

I will give more details once everything has been agreed but by all means sign up and you can buy me a beer!!

Yes you do :):) Although modesty forbids........!!

Actually I was going to make a more "official" announcement once all the arrangements and various details have been sorted out. Groundspeak are involved in what is happening and are being supportive. As this is a commercial undertaking a number of aspects still have to be agreed but it is good that in this case we have something aimed at UK geocachers.

I will give more details once everything has been agreed but by all means sign up and you can buy me a beer!!

You're gonna get plastered you know. :P

Yes you do ;):P Although modesty forbids........!!

You're gonna get plastered you know. :)

:)B):)B)B)B):D:D:D:D:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Yes you do ;):) Although modesty forbids........!!

You're gonna get plastered you know. :)

:);):):):):):):):):):(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Joke

I thought "getting plastered" was usual for Ecky and Lacto, the brewing industry would suffer if it weren't

Am not sure about this thread maybe this could be seen to be against the forum guidelines?

Commercial Postings/Solicitations are not allowed. Commercial content as a direct or indirect (either intentional or non-intentional) attempt to solicit customers through a forum post will be edited or deleted. Notwithstanding the above, Groundspeak reserves the right to include limited commercial content in this Forum, in its sole discretion.

Rules are rules... or is that rules are there only to be broken?

Am not sure about this thread maybe this could be seen to be against the forum guidelines?

Commercial Postings/Solicitations are not allowed. Commercial content as a direct or indirect (either intentional or non-intentional) attempt to solicit customers through a forum post will be edited or deleted. Notwithstanding the above, Groundspeak reserves the right to include limited commercial content in this Forum, in its sole discretion.

Erm, Groundspeak are going to be involved in the event, so why should this thread be against the guidelines?

Erm, Groundspeak are going to be involved in the event, so why should this thread be against the guidelines?

Because it is advertising a commercial interest in a brewery, this is just my point of view. As i read the guidelines it would seem to breach them?

I can't see any advertising for a commercial interest in a brewery. Just the usual "I'll buy you a drink" type comments we all use when addressing either of the moderators (Hydee is too far away, but if she ever shows up at an event, I'm sure she'll be included aswell).

As regards the commercial advertising of the "Let's go geocaching", it wasn't posted by the organiser (unless globetrotter is a cunningly disguised sock puppet who actually logs caches ), and it was only later that someone involved with the venture revealed themselves to be.

As far as commercial postings go, it's no worse than "I saw this advertised, what do people rekon?"

If one of the organisers had said "I'm setting up this company to sell training courses, please come and buy one.", then I'd be one of the first reporting it as advertising.

Because it is advertising a commercial interest in a brewery, this is just my point of view. As i read the guidelines it would seem to breach them?

Thing is I never even noticed the brewery until you posted. Then I went back to look again and I spotted it. Seems like you're becoming as bad as those you're complaining against B)B)

But if we're taking it to such extremes, then Jeep TBs couldn't be mentioned, and nor could any of the software we all use (and promote, especially the superior Palms B) ) or the hardware. In fact, we'd have very little to talk about. B) Of course, that's probably a good thing, cos then we'd all go caching....

There was an advert for gpsr training in a local paper up here in the Tyne valley, it had nothing to do with YHA though, just a private individual setting up a new venture, based somewhere around Kirkwhelpington. Groundspeak are not involved with it.

looks like a nice little earner

Nige B)

just sorting the Spelin out

Edited by The Northumbrian

Anyway, back on topic, have you seen the profile for this Lacto bloke who is 'supposed' to be an expert? He hasn't found any caches - don't think I'd learn much from HIM... B):) i htink he's just out for a quick buck and a quicker pint! B)

tee hee

Beaten to the pint only by Ecky. :huh:B)

66afc971-c0eb-46fd-a509-20da7a1777e8.jpg

......true, true, Cheers B)B):)

Anyway, back on topic, have you seen the profile for this Lacto bloke who is 'supposed' to be an expert? He hasn't found any caches - don't think I'd learn much from HIM... <_<:( i htink he's just out for a quick buck and a quicker pint! :(

tee hee

Oi!!!!!

To address the original "complaint", you are right that commercial postings are not normally allowed (unless they are private, local, geocaching related "Boot Sale" type items) but in this case Groundspeak are fully involved, as I mentioned earlier. Thanks for making a valid point though.

Anyway, back on topic, have you seen the profile for this Lacto bloke who is 'supposed' to be an expert? He hasn't found any caches - don't think I'd learn much from HIM... :(:) i htink he's just out for a quick buck and a quicker pint! :(

tee hee

Oi!!!!!

To address the original "complaint", you are right that commercial postings are not normally allowed (unless they are private, local, geocaching related "Boot Sale" type items) but in this case Groundspeak are fully involved, as I mentioned earlier. Thanks for making a valid point though.

Me thinks puple_pineapple hit a nerve <_<