Garmin 60csx Prices

I dont believe that prices are coming down in general. However Garmin has minimum prices that the products can be sold for on the internet. For example........ i bought my unit at GPSdiscount.com. First of all, they have terrific free fed ex service. anyways.........

Their price for the Garmin 60CSx alone was $499.00 US . Same as everyone else. But they had a package that included Batteries and Recharger, Case, and Garmin TOPO for $509.00. That is over 111.00 worth of accessories for $10, which basically drops the price of the 60CSx to $398.00. Hope I am explaining this clearly. They also have a City Select and Auto Package for $539.00 including $140 worth of accessories and the GPSr.

Cary in South Dakota

I dont believe that prices are coming down in general. However Garmin has minimum prices that the products can be sold for on the internet. For example........ i bought my unit at GPSdiscount.com. First of all, they have terrific free fed ex service. anyways.........

Their price for the Garmin 60CSx alone was $499.00 US . Same as everyone else. But they had a package that included Batteries and Recharger, Case, and Garmin TOPO for $509.00. That is over 111.00 worth of accessories for $10, which basically drops the price of the 60CSx to $398.00. Hope I am explaining this clearly. They also have a City Select and Auto Package for $539.00 including $140 worth of accessories and the GPSr.

Yes, in the past Garmin's policy was to set a 'Minimum Advertised Price' (MAP) but allowed dealers to have lower actual selling prices. That's the reason why so many sites require that you click the 'Buy' button to see the actual selling price - that way it wasn't 'advertised.'

But they appear to have changed their policy on some of their recent products, including the new 'x' models and I believe also the Nuvi automotive units. On those models they've apparently set a Minimum Selling Price (MSP) for their authorized dealers. Offering package deals is one way for dealers who want to compete on the basis of price to do so while still staying within Garmin's MSP rules.

IANAL, but my understanding is that MAPs are clearly allowed under federal anti-trust laws but MSPs may or may not be depending on the terms of the manufacturer/dealer relationship. My guess would be that Garmin's legal staff made sure to do it right but it'll be interesting to see if they stick with MSPs or go back to MAPs. We'll also see if they take any steps to prevent the use of package deals to circumvent the MSPs on the part of some dealers.

It may have been mentioned in another topic, but chumbo has the 60CSX for 409.00 with free FedEx Standard Overnight shipping.

Chumbo Sells 60CSX for super cheap!

Got mine last week for $427 with free overnight. This week the price dropped another $18. New sealed unit, Chumbo rocks!

Beware ! Depending on the shipping destination, there are four states where Chumbo will apply VAT.

Have a look at the small lines of the Shipping policy.

From a general standpoint, I find that Chumbo policies are rather restrictive.

PYT