Pocket Queries

Apologies if this has been asked before but is there a way of deleting multiple pocket queries? I used to download all the caches in 16 or 17 queries using the date method often raised on the forum. However I decided this was far too unwieldy and now just do selected downloads. This means I have a stack of queries I no longer use and want to get rid of. It looks to me as if you can only delete then one at a time which is extremely slow. Is there another way?

I know its not the same, but you could always untick any boxes for them to run, and leave them listed, should you ever decide to go back again to running them all.

You are allowed 40 defined PQs, so you should be able to managed 20 for the dates (not running) and then some selected ones as well...

Just a thought!

Dave

They are already unticked so don't run anyway. I want to get rid of them as I don't think they are much use unless I keep the dates constantly updated ie I'm not going to use them in the future. I have a number of other queries set up for different areas of the country which I run when I need them and I find I'm creating more and more of them. Admittedly I'm nowhere near 40 yet but I just want to clear the clutter.

Of course in the time it has taken me to post this message and monitor the replies I could have probably deleted them all. :laughing:

I know its not the same, but you could always untick any boxes for them to run, and leave them listed, should you ever decide to go back again to running them all.

You are allowed 40 defined PQs, so you should be able to managed 20 for the dates (not running) and then some selected ones as well...

Just a thought!

Dave

Thats what i would do. I believe (ie not a fact just what i infer) that old pocket queries run in the order they were created ie PQ no 00001 runs first in the day right through to the older ones later in the day.

All brand new queries run almost immediately.

NB i dont know of any bulk delete function just like theres no bulk delete for your watchlist :laughing:

Opinion

The problem with bulk delete mechanisms is that they can cause more problems than solve. Having worked in IT for many years I have noted on many occasions that you give a user too much privilege in a system, things start to go wrong quicker for that user.

Opinion

The problem with bulk delete mechanisms is that they can cause more problems than solve. Having worked in IT for many years I have noted on many occasions that you give a user too much privilege in a system, things start to go wrong quicker for that user.

However if there had been a bulk delete mechanism I wouldn't have had to waste the time of the virtual IT department by asking the question in the first place especially if there had been a "Are you sure you want to delete all your Pocket Queries" option. :laughing: