More Favorite Geocaching Photos

I was just looking through the old posts, and I found a "favorite geocaching photo" topic and the pictures were amazing. The only problem is that the last post was almost exactly a year ago!

So let's get this started up again, because I'm sure people have been taking photographs in the past year. :laughing: This time, if you like, tell us a little back story about your photos, or at least which cache you were searching for when you took the pic (if you remember).

I'll start...

This is a picture of an ice covered Lake Perez at the Stone Valley Recreation Center just outside of State College, PA. We came here to nab a few caches, but the closest is Stone Valley II cache. This capped off an amazing January of caching in Central PA.

100_2760.jpg

This is my favorite water fowl, who lives near the Duck and Cover cache, also in State College, PA. Whenever you throw this guy a piece of bread, he wags his tail 4 times. And you can't help but feel bad for him since he has some broken wing feathers.

100_2783.jpg

Finally (for this entry anyway) we have the train bridge over the Upper Falls at Letchworth State Park in NY while I was home over winter break. I was going to find some nearby caches, but the trails I needed to take were closed because they were covered with ice. So I just took a few pictures instead.

DCP_1942.jpg

Once this thread gets moving, I have a few more to post. :lol:

POST THOSE PICS EVERYONE!!

The sign outside of our house, greeting people on their way to and from the WSGA campout last year.

e9bd5bc1.jpg

Now I'll know where your house is, if I'm ever coincidentally on that road :huh:

:D

Silly, if you were in Wenatchee, I'd invite you over to my house. :D

That way I can kill you on the zipline. B):rolleyes:

The sign outside of our house, greeting people on their way to and from the WSGA campout last year.

e9bd5bc1.jpg

Now I'll know where your house is, if I'm ever coincidentally on that road :huh:

:D

Silly, if you were in Wenatchee, I'd invite you over to my house. B)

That way I can kill you on the zipline. :D:rolleyes:

Why do you think my summer trip puts me no closer than 4 hours of Wenatchee? B)

I got to do some caching with my kids on vacation last week in Colorado. This is a photo of Crown Hill Lake at sunset, as we walked the path through the park on the way to a cache.

4374e96d-7d1d-4a5e-b122-6c1c6068b677.jpg

70 and sunny the entire week I was there... MUCH nicer than winter in Michigan! :rolleyes:

A few more shots from the past year that I rather like:

View on the way back from the Boulder Split cache in Lynn Woods (Lynn, MA). This was the trip where I came up with my caching philosophy of "revel in the absurdity of the moment" - an hour earlier I was crouched under a little pine tree in a raging downpour, drenched from head to toe, trying to figure out how to operate my clamshell-style PDA without removing it from its protective Ziploc because I really really needed to see the hint. It was just such a patently silly situation that I couldn't help but laugh at myself. :rolleyes:

97b1e441-db6c-422a-a5bf-66a76706ee40.jpg

At the Misty Mountain Hop cache (Pawtuckaway State Forest, NH), with the Here Fishie Fishie TB.

31548cf7-0b6b-4a9b-979b-805a761701fb.jpg

Barrington Town Forest Cache (Barrington, NH). Sometimes the coolest sights are down by your toes. :(

2e9080dd-052e-40b0-a67b-818a56ad58c4.jpg

Desert Primroses at a cache near my home:

c13b618d-3878-4212-a1e8-221ab9c2ee01.jpg

At the same cache, is the pic that I have in my profile. Must be one of my favorite, because I haven't changed it in 9 months, and you know how I like to change my pictures around! :) The dam in the pic is the first dam on the Columbia River.

b7e879e5-980d-48bc-8c62-77907fdbdd53.jpg

These were taken at the National Zoo. We were there to see the baby Cheetahs and pick up a virtual last year and while waiting to see the Pandas (before Tia Shan) we took pictures of the flowers.

ac5c07f6-8ade-4c0d-b34a-e1a7e0c9b6dd.jpg

and

969f70c8-aea6-4e78-9abb-246667a08b23.jpg

and

49b0e667-a486-48c3-b82b-6ca7cc598711.jpg

We have other nice ones but I haven't finished loading them.

Edited by Team Red Oak