First Find!

Found our first find today! Sweet little camo bottle at a park!

I got the Explorist 200 last week and learned how to use it on this forum. What a bunch of

helpful people!

I have printed off A BUNCH of coordinates for towns within 60 miles of me in the North Texas area.

Now, if our gas money just holds out...........!!!

Chuckwagon :laughing:

I've just got my 100th find, created 4 of my own caches and launched 2 travel bugs. It really is getting more and more enjoyable. One of the best things for me is I can combine it with another passion: bicycling. If you are into cycling at all, get a handlebar GPS mount and try caching by bike. It's a blast!

I got my first and second FTF last week and now find myself on a "high" to get more. It's so bad that even if I wake up in the middle of the night I get up to see what has been posted. :( Now that my geo wife and I have different user names we figure we have the geo site covered 24 - 7. Are we addicted? Nah :o Got to go something came up on my email :(

:) Hey, you folks sure make me excited. I am a "lurker" I guess and have been studying geocaching and gps. In the past I had a Sportrak Pro but sold it. I am currently saving for an eXplorist and will start my geocaching career asap. Thanks for the encouragement and way to go on your first "find". Sounds like real fun.

:) -SunnyWalker

:) Hey, you folks sure make me excited. I am a "lurker" I guess and have been studying geocaching and gps. In the past I had a Sportrak Pro but sold it. I am currently saving for an eXplorist and will start my geocaching career asap. Thanks for the encouragement and way to go on your first "find". Sounds like real fun.

:) -SunnyWalker

A lot of people get started before they have a gps. Overhead photos are accurate enough to find most caches.

Some cachers find hundreds and never touch a gps

A lot of people get started before they have a gps. Overhead photos are accurate enough to find most caches.

Some cachers find hundreds and never touch a gps

When I suggested this..I was roasted, we also have spot on digital maps, so plus the hints the gps can often be dispensed with..this is why I prefer to set puzzles.