WWII Nazi Coins

FL_Fliers

I would also love to find a WWII Nazi coin, being a WWII buff, but I agree that it is extremely important to put the coin in a baggie with an explanation. The biggest sensitivity issue that you will face will be people of the Jewish faith. I am not Jewish, but I know that the swastika image can be extremely offensive.

Perhaps someone who is a geocacher and is also Jewish might give you some thoughs of how to perhaps use them but not be offensive.

Just my 2cents.

I would not be offended by a coin with a note about its historical significance.

I am offended, though, by the notion that one must be Jewish to be offended by nazism or the holocaust. We should all be offended by attempts to label some people as "other" and "cleanse" the world of their kind.

td

Although it wouldn't offend me, I might hesitate to put it in a cache where I could possible offend others. Of course I know an argument could be "If you don't like it, leave it alone," and that too is true.

Seems to me the decision should be strictly your own.

If this has already been brought up then ignore this.

Why not put out a coin trade cache and just put a disclaimer in the description that there may at any time be coins in this cache than some may find offensive. I personally wouldn't take that coin out of the cache because of my views but I also wouldn't take it personally as an offensive jesture. I think if it were explained then most would find it very interesting instead of offensive.

I know that I am new but.. just a thought.. Take a little plastic box add a little cotton and a little card explaining where the coin was found, and a little history then add the coin. Personally I belive that what has happened in history can sometimes be nasty... but that does not mean that we wipe every mention away or pretend that it didnt happen.

Sometimes you have to look at an item for what it is.. in this case it is a coin from the nazi era and nothing more. It is like just because you buy items from China... does that mean that you are for the human rights violations that the country commits? Of course not.

Sometimes you have to look at an item for what it is.. in this case it is a coin from the nazi era and nothing more. It is like just because you buy items from China... does that mean that you are for the human rights violations that the country commits? Of course not.

Well, actually, there are plenty of people who think you are indeed supporting human rights violations by pumping money into a system that practices them. I happen to believe such systems topple faster through more capitalism, not embargo, but they have a strong ethical argument.

Which...ummm...doesn't have anything to do with sig items. Carry on!

Well, actually, there are plenty of people who think you are indeed supporting human rights violations by pumping money into a system that practices them. I happen to believe such systems topple faster through more capitalism, not embargo, but they have a strong ethical argument.

Which...ummm...doesn't have anything to do with sig items. Carry on!

As I read more and more about the UN whining about rich countries (who were once poor) not doing enough for poor countries (some of which were rich at one time) I've started thinking about the long term solution.

I'm not sure that you can drop a few billion in the middle of the Sudan with a UN truck or two set up shop and fix the problem. It seems that the solution though is to combat the issue at the fringe. Rather than let the fringe of poverty keep spreading world wide it should be pushed back. In time prospertiy spreads. But you have to keep pushing.

Sort of like how Islamic Fundamentalists are putting pressure on the rest of the world, only different.

It's a thought.

Edited by Renegade Knight

Here's a good idea.

Start a cache called "A Moment of Silence"

The cache description should say that this cache honors all peoples in history who have been killed en masse, from the current terrible situation in Africa (Congo?) or historic situations such as the Holocaust.

Now mention that the cache contains Nazi coins. Say that you can take a coin for yourself, but please give a moment of silence in the process and meditate on that time in history and what it means. Reflect on other sad times in history like that.

Then consider, as you take the coin, sending a positive thought or prayer to your higher power of your choice that mankind as whole will learn someday to never let that kind of history ever repeat again.

After the coins run out, just change the description to a general request for a moment of thoughful reflection regarding those kinds of moments in history.

That would be a good use of the coins. :(

just thought I'd add my two cents

I totally agree that I would be thrilled to see that rather than another hotwheel or bouncy-ball.

It wouldn't be that hard to put the coin in a little baggy with a note explaining that it's simply a part of history with a valuble lesson, and not a supporter of a regime.