Tb Tracking Problem

Billy and the Boingers

THis was my first time placing a TB in a new cache after having picked it up at another. When I logged my new cache find the log gave me the option to log the TB placement which I did. The Geocachin.com site was dragging though and I don't think I got it. The log took but the TB still shows up as being mine and does not show up in the inventory of the cache in which I placed it.

What's up? :D

THis was my first time placing a TB in a new cache after having picked it up at another. When I logged my new cache find the log gave me the option to log the TB placement which I did. The Geocachin.com site was dragging though and I don't think I got it. The log took but the TB still shows up as being mine and does not show up in the inventory of the cache in which I placed it.

What's up? :laughing:

This happened to me yesterday. Today I have sent a query to Geocaching.com

Lentil

This seems to be happening more frequently lately -- a bug retrieval or drop only goes partially through, so it looks like it's sort-of in a cache and sort-of in a cacher's possession.

I can see that there could be timeouts if the servers are very busy, but is there any way to modify the bug-logging procedure to make it all-or-nothing? These partial logs seem to be confusing a lot of people. Here are a few instances that I can recall cropping up in the TB forum recently; I'm certain that there have been more:

Nov 11, 2005: Travel Bugs, travel bug logging woes

Jan 24, 2006: Confused TB

Feb 13, 2006: Taken But Still There., Pages don't agree

Mar 10, 2006: Tb Marked Unknown Location