Thanks a lot, now I have this song stuck in my head:

I got a cache, it's hid cross town,

It's the one that really gets found.

When we boogie,

We do the tube sock boogie.

Well now boogie little baby,

Boogie woogie all night long.

I got a cache it's on the block,

Smell's kinda funky filled with pink and black socks.

We likes to boogie,

Well now boogie woogie baby,

I got a cache, it's hid on the hill.

Looks over trailers like an old landfill,

When we boogie,

Well now boogie little baby,

Blow your top blow your top blow your top.

And whoa there Dublin rfk, you don't know that for sure. And unless you were an eyewitness, you shouldn't be posting things like that in a public place.

Biography:

I've been retired for over 10 years and was a industrial truck mechanic for close to 30.

30 yrs in a good paying job and retired poor.

What a sad commentary about our society. I'll bet the "c" word (credit) is involved in this. Just investing the car payments would have resulted in retiring rich. Water under the bridge.

Life is all about choices. Poor as a result of choices (most likely) proud by choice, bitter and offended BY CHOICE

It's all up to you. CHOOSE to enjoy life. If caching fits, go for it. If all you see in caching is offense, take up checkers.

From Your Profile:

I just got the GPS this past Xmas from the wife and have been dying to try this.

I AM DEEPLY OFFENDED BY THE USE OF THE WORD XMAS!!!!! THE HOLIDAY IS "CHRISTMAS" THAT MEANS "CHRIST" MASS. IT IS A HOLIDAY WHEN WE CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF CHRIST, NOT THE BIRTH OF X, WHOEVER THE HECK THAT IS!!!!!

Hey, as long as we're hijacking a thread here...just wanted to throw this out:

From Random House Word of the Day:

The written shortening Xmas for "Christmas" is quite old, and is part of a large group of abbreviations based on Greek letters.

Similarly, the name Christ has for a thousand years been abbreviated as X, which is not the Roman letter "eks," but the Greek letter "chi," standing for the first letter of Christ when written in Greek as "Christos" (as transcribed into Roman letters). Some of the words using this abbreviation are X, Xp (Greek chi-rho, or "Chr"), and Xt for "Christ," Xren for "christen," and Xtian for "Christian."

The use of Xmas for "Christmas" is first found in the sixteenth century, in the slightly expanded spelling X'temmas; the Xmas form was in use by the eighteenth century. The X has always been used in religious contexts, and was often lavishly decorated in manuscripts, for example the glorious Chi-Rho page of the Book of Kells, the ninth-century illuminated gospels. The assumption that the abbreviation is somehow "weak" or "irreligious" since it "removes" the Christ from "Christmas" is a thoroughly modern idea.

And yes, the article does point that since so many are "offended" by the usage, it's easier to just avoid it.

Just some more troll food! :laughing:

P.S. Yes, I accept your apology...has anyone notified LE yet? (more forum throwbacks)

Did you REALLY think Xmas offends me? :D

No way ... we are just getting started. When someone starts making fun of mimes, then we close down the thread.

Don't get me started on those mimes!!! I mean, what's with the acting like your trapped in a giant ammo can?? I just don't get those guys...and frankly, they offend me quite a bit...have you ever tried talking to a mime? No matter what you ask or say, they WON'T RESPOND.

Frankly, they offend me!

OK, here I go....

Poor & Proud, First and foremost, thank you for your service to this country. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for fighting in that hell hole to preserve the right for chstress53 to name her cache whatever she feels like. You of all people should understand the value of freedom of speech. I won't even begin to speculate weather or not you are made of cotton. All I will do is to take a moment to tell you that the choice is yours, either enjoy the sport, or don't. Sell your GPS on eBay, Craigslist or right here in the forums (appropriate board of course) and walk away. If you are so offended by a single term that you can't find the humor in it, just walk away. All you will do by arguing is to empower chstress53 to name another cache 'Poor&Proud'. While it would be an obvious affront to you, it isn't against the rules. It isn't immoral, and it isn't silly.

What is the moral here? Be proud of who you are, and don't sweat the small stuff. You could wake up tomorrow and find out that you didn't wake up at all.

If you are poor and proud, please act like you are. Don't drag your insecurities out into the open in the forums...It's just bad form. BTW, do you really think that chstress53 was talking about you? Most of the trailer parks I've seen have more than one family living in them...Why do you feel that you were singled out? Could it be that you are inflammatory by nature? If so, please feel free to cache all you want, just don't post a topic like this again...I have a terrible time typing...because I suck at it, so how do you think I feel when someone clearly has it out for me with the title to this cache

On a related matter, I was called a derogatory name in a 7-11 last week while on my way to a cache...I found it rather funny (and so did my fellow cachers) so it has kind of stuck... I thought of changing my ID to it, but was afraid of offending someone. I just might have to do it now...Hmmmmmmm....

Let's all move on.

Peace,

-E

Bringing the thread on topic, this is the wrong sport for you. I vote for Playing checkers instead. HMMM! I just hide 4 caches today maybe I should name them Trailer Park Trash 1, Trailer Park Trash& 2 & Trailer Park Trash3 & Trailer Park Trash 4.4e2b5686-e8bd-48a9-9a71-8801b7301158.jpg

Oh yes these will all be different then the original Trailer Park Trash. I could call them Bogan, Chav, Cracker, Feral, Hick, Hillbilly, Poor White, Pes- pickers, redneck, local yokel, White trash, wigger or Pickey. Just to name a few. Or the Ultimate Poor & proud White Trailer Park Trash. HMMMM?

Edited by chstress53

I was called a derogatory name in a 7-11 last week while on my way to a cache...I found it rather funny (and so did my fellow cachers) so it has kind of stuck... I thought of changing my ID to it, but was afraid of offending someone. I just might have to do it now...Hmmmmmmm....

How can you tease us like that? Spill it!

I was called a derogatory name in a 7-11 last week while on my way to a cache...I found it rather funny (and so did my fellow cachers) so it has kind of stuck... I thought of changing my ID to it, but was afraid of offending someone. I just might have to do it now...Hmmmmmmm....

How can you tease us like that? Spill it!

Okee dokee, and just to clarify things, I changed my ID a minute ago...

I walked into a 7-11 late at night last week to buy a bottle of water sporting my brand new from Australia Kangaroo hat... and as soon as I crossed the threshold of the door, the woman behind the counter shouted out " Hey! Cracker in the hat, you gonna let me drive that fancy truck while you cover the store for me or not?" My fellow geocachers, JimInPotomac and Sherman T. Potter thought it was the funniest thing they had ever heard, and as such I am now officially... Cracker in the Hat !

Edited by mcdegga

Well, I was taking it in conjunction with his original complaint. To get wadded up about the name of a cache and come into the forums with a big ol' chip on your shoulder, only to get wadded up when that doesn't go over so well...I expect a touch more mellowness in my fellow geezers. And a touch more humility in my newbies. There's a certain...inauthenticity about it.

Now, if he would care to share old memories of welfare peanut butter and strawberry jam, it would go a ways toward proving his credentials. The one was ground up peanuts and nothing else, the other was mashed up strawberries with sugar and pectin. They sell that kind of stuff in Whole Foods now for a zillion dollars, but we got it for free because we was poor.

See? Age and poverty don't make you tetchy. Being tetchy makes you tetchy.

Auntie Weasel is FUNNY! LOL! LOL! LOL! ROFLMAO!!!

Chuckwagon......(old geezer!) LOL! :D

Bringing the thread on topic, this is the wrong sport for you. I vote for Playing checkers instead. HMMM! I just hide 4 caches today maybe I should name them Trailer Park Trash 1, Trailer Park Trash& 2 & Trailer Park Trash3 & Trailer Park Trash 4.4e2b5686-e8bd-48a9-9a71-8801b7301158.jpg

Oh yes these will all be different then the original Trailer Park Trash.

If thats what they're using for FTF prizes down in the pineys these days, I REALLY need to head back down there!

No way ... we are just getting started. When someone starts making fun of mimes, then we close down the thread.

890ed3f1-fe3b-4c78-aff2-4daddb1f3a8a.jpg

I think we've all learned a little something called "tolerance" today, not only for those who live in trailers but those who celebrate "Xmas". Since the thread is going nowhere, and yet more fingers appear to be pointing in every direction, I'm going to close this one.

Hopefully the cache can be replaced and remain intact.