Indigo Fall Picnic - Camping

Camping Hoosiers

The IndiGo Fall Picnic is just around the corner (September 9th), at Brown County State Park. In just a few days we will hit the six month mark and Indiana will begin to accept your camping reservations for these days in September.

InKy Geo will be hosting the Friday evening campfire event on Friday September 8tth in the Rally Campground @ Brown County SP. I am renting Rally Site #1 for the weekend. This will provide a large area where we can congregate and is easily accessible to everyone even if you are not camping. The Rally campground is primitive… there are no electric or water hookups or modern bath and shower houses. Water is available in the area. I will have a couple of gate passes that we will share to gain entrance to the modern campground for the purposes of using their showers and bathrooms. The camping fee for the Rally Camping area is $10 per night. IMPORTANT: If you intend to camp with the group in the rally campground DO NOT MAKE RESERVATIONS with Indiana. Simply send an e-mail to me and you will pay me when you arrive to set up camp. PLEASE DO NOT PAY INDIANA!! I WILL HAVE ALREADY PAID THEM!!

I realize that some folks will want to camp in the modern campground to have an electric hookup. I would recommend the first camping area in the gate which is Buffalo Ridge. The following sites are pretty nice and would be a close walk to both the rally camping area as well as the shower house.

Site Recommendations for Buffalo Ridge - 1,3,5,7,9,4,6,8,10,11,22,23,24,25,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35. (You can see a map at the online reservations center).

If you choose to stay in the modern campground ($28 per night), you will need to make your reservation with the Indiana reservation center:

http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/Campgrounds/search.cfm OR 1-866-622-6746

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

:D CH

Just a quick note: I live in Brown County, just a few minutes from the PARK. If anyone needs local information or wants me to check out a campsite in advance for you...let me know, I will see if I can help.

Lodging at this time of year is usually difficult, it is the beginning of "Tourist Season" and as soon as the "first leaf" changes colors..well it is almost impossible.

If you want Lodging for the weekend...you can try The Brown County Inn, The Seasons, Comfort Inn, or Salt Creek Inn... all are on State Road 46 just at the edge of the Town of Nashville.

There are also a 100 or so "Tourist Cabins/Weekend Cabin Rentals" in the county...I would suggest "Hills O' Brown Property Management" if you want to go that direction...there are many rentals within 5 miles of the park entrance...BOOK EARLY!!

Diana

Bean Blossom Gang

The IndiGo Fall Picnic is just around the corner (September 9th), at Brown County State Park. In just a few days we will hit the six month mark and Indiana will begin to accept your camping reservations for these days in September.

InKy Geo will be hosting the Friday evening campfire event on Friday September 8tth in the Rally Campground @ Brown County SP. I am renting Rally Site #1 for the weekend. This will provide a large area where we can congregate and is easily accessible to everyone even if you are not camping. The Rally campground is primitive… there are no electric or water hookups or modern bath and shower houses. Water is available in the area. I will have a couple of gate passes that we will share to gain entrance to the modern campground for the purposes of using their showers and bathrooms. The camping fee for the Rally Camping area is $10 per night. IMPORTANT: If you intend to camp with the group in the rally campground DO NOT MAKE RESERVATIONS with Indiana. Simply send an e-mail to me and you will pay me when you arrive to set up camp. PLEASE DO NOT PAY INDIANA!! I WILL HAVE ALREADY PAID THEM!!

I realize that some folks will want to camp in the modern campground to have an electric hookup. I would recommend the first camping area in the gate which is Buffalo Ridge. The following sites are pretty nice and would be a close walk to both the rally camping area as well as the shower house.

Site Recommendations for Buffalo Ridge - 1,3,5,7,9,4,6,8,10,11,22,23,24,25,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35. (You can see a map at the online reservations center).

If you choose to stay in the modern campground ($28 per night), you will need to make your reservation with the Indiana reservation center:

http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/Campgrounds/search.cfm OR 1-866-622-6746

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

:wub: CH

Well... I got beat to the draw for Rally Campsite #1; so I booked Rally Campsite #2. Still a great site for our group. As you decide, please post here and let us know if you will be camping with the group. Please let me know if you have any questions.

see ya, jeff'

Might be too late now, but thought I'd still throw it out there. You guys might be able to score free rally camping (maybe multi sites) if you considered partnering with the park. A few things to consider are offering to partner with Jim at the Nature Center to put on a geocaching interpretive program for regular park guests that weekend. Perhaps making some pseudo caches for first timers to try. I'm sure Jim has Smokey prizes that can be given out. Also, if you mention to the park you guys will be CITOing, perhaps a program/CITO for campsite(s) can be arranged. They also have sites that are placed on hold for emergency situations that could be released for helping them, without taking away camping revenue from them.

Win-win for both. Plus it will develop a relationship for future events there!