No "detour" Option On 60c ?

I was quite surprised to NOT find a DETOUR option while navigating to a location (by auto) with my 60c the other day...

I used this function for years on my GPSV & loved it - it [V], would offer me a 1, 2, 3, etc mile detour in the event I ran into construction, congestion or an accident...

Anyone know WHY this was eleiminated, or have I just NOT got to it in my "bathroom reading" :huh: of the manual yet..

I've noticed some features like hitting the FIND button twice brings up recent finds immediately but isn't documented (I think) - - is there a shortcut to this detour option?

Anyone else notice or miss this as well?????

Thanks

I have the 76c and use the re-calculate function if I run into an issue getting to a cache with the suggested route. You have to pass up the suggested route to the cache in order to use this function but it works for me when I'm not paying close enough attention to the turns.

I have the 76c and use the re-calculate function if I run into an issue getting to a cache with the suggested route. You have to pass up the suggested route to the cache in order to use this function but it works for me when I'm not paying close enough attention to the turns.

No, I'm not referring to the recalculate - I mean an actual OPTION for DETOUR - - If I had the time this morning, I'd post a screenshot of my V offering such.

Thanks anyway!!!!

No, I'm not referring to the recalculate - I mean an actual OPTION for DETOUR - - If I had the time this morning, I'd post a screenshot of my V offering such.

Thanks anyway!!!!

I didn't notice this until you mentioned it. I don't have my 60csx yet (still coming in the mail) but I checked the manual and it doesn't have an entry for detour in the index. The Quest has it as does the nuvi and the SP series. The GPS V definitely had it since I used it often. I'm really, really not happy it's not in the 60csx considering it's suppose to replace my stolen GPS V. I could go without the parachute jumping feature on the 60csx if it meant something had to go in order for the detour to have a place.

Thanks anyway!!!!

I didn't notice this until you mentioned it. I don't have my 60csx yet (still coming in the mail) but I checked the manual and it doesn't have an entry for detour in the index. The Quest has it as does the nuvi and the SP series. The GPS V definitely had it since I used it often. I'm really, really not happy it's not in the 60csx considering it's suppose to replace my stolen GPS V. I could go without the parachute jumping feature on the 60csx if it meant something had to go in order for the detour to have a place.

I know!

Again, I wonder WHY???? :P

I know!

Again, I wonder WHY???? :)

It's already said above: because Garmin makes a number of product lines. V was a automotive device, 60 is an outdoors device. They want you to buy several receivers for different purposes, so they don't give you everything in one machine.

But, for me it was good, because I have a V and I hadn't noticed the Detour function! Now I know it I can use it! Thanks (and sorry for not being of any help to you)

I know!

Again, I wonder WHY???? :)

It's already said above: because Garmin makes a number of product lines. V was a automotive device, 60 is an outdoors device. They want you to buy several receivers for different purposes, so they don't give you everything in one machine.

But, for me it was good, because I have a V and I hadn't noticed the Detour function! Now I know it I can use it! Thanks (and sorry for not being of any help to you)

I maintain the V & 60c & until a month ago; TWO V's

However, as far as the auto re-routing (on the 60c vs the V)... the incredible difference in speed is so much better in terms of DRIVING - I use both of them in both the field & road DAILY.....

Glad I opened another avenue for you, no pun intended