Camo Tape

Barbados Sam

The NJ Wal-marts sell camo tape in deer hunting season only. They are usually sold out by late November. That may vary in other regions.

Any oudoors store that sells hunting equipment will also sell camo tape. Cloth camo tape is popular, but somewhat expensive. They may also sell camo duct tape. Some brands are very shiny, which makes their camo features less useful. The Duck Tape brand uses a popular camo pattern and isn't too shiny and works fairly well. Here is a pic (The container in the foreground).

edf83031-10c3-4391-a24b-3d5a3883dbc0.jpg

Edited by briansnat

Try the home improvement section of Wal-mart. The Wal-mart nearest me seems to have it all the time.

They have some in the sporting goods department but it is in a small roll and is way more expensive than the Duck brand tape.

Avast me buckos. Where can a pirate find some camo tape in tha San Diego area?

Yup Wal-Mart is the place. I just bought some yesterday. At my store it was located in the Paint department of all places. I bought 2 rolls it think it was about 7 bucks for the two.

I have to concur. WalMart will have it in the hunting department sometimes but in the paint department all the time. They also sell nice super flat camo paint there. I always avoided Wal Mart like the plague until I started geocaching. Now I go there for specific items.

I buy mine at WalMart. The problem with it for geocaching is the color fades if exposed to direct sunlight for even just a few hours per day. The faded color is a bluish that really stands out. There have been a few caches I spotted quite a distance away because of the faded camo colors. So change the tape periodically.

I buy mine at WalMart. The problem with it for geocaching is the color fades . . . [and the] faded color is a bluish that really stands out. There have been a few caches I spotted quite a distance away because of the faded camo colors. So change the tape periodically.

It isn't clear to me that camo tape is all that good at camoflaging. I don't think it has ever made it anymore difficult for me to see a container than the standard green ammo can.

I spray paint my containers black and sometimes dirty them up some.

Thots-First.jpg

Edited by Thot

Ahoy Sam, what cha doin' o'er har, Gar? Arrr, come o'er t' the San Diego Thread. Aye, me parrot concurs. Arrr, t' answer your question: Walmart (paint section) has best camo tape 'cause they be the only ones Me have found with a flat tecture t' it. You know, one that don't glisten too much.

Aye lad, thank ye fer tha heads up. Bein' new 'ere to tha forums I nay were awares o' a SD group. I tried tha Walmart at Grossmont near me home port, but nay thought ta look in tha paint department. I'll give 'er a spin. Arrrrr.

It isn't clear to me that camo tape is all that good at camoflaging. I don't think it has ever made it anymore difficult for me to see a container than the standard green ammo can.

. . .

I don't use the camo tape so much to hide the cache container from other geocachers as to help make it "invisible" to muggles.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Maxima