Would You Have A Cito Event If ?

I was planning to have a CITO event in the near future along a old back road leading to a NPS park.It really could use the clean up.I found out that the NPS owns the land on the west side of this road.I talked to the head ranger of the park and he said it would be O.K. with him to do a CITO and he would even supply the garbage bags for it.I probably wouldnt even consider doing it but there is a cache in the park that they know about.Its been there since march of 2003.They have let it stay in the park because there has been no problems with it being there.They even stop by and sign the logbook every now and then.

My question is would you do a CITO to try and show this park ranger we are good people and want to do our part in keeping the parks clean.Maybe get him to let us place other caches in the park.Or would you just forget it because NPS dont want our caches on their land.

...My question is would you do a CITO to try and show this park ranger we are good people and want to do our part in keeping the parks clean.Maybe get him to let us place other caches in the park.Or would you just forget it because NPS dont want our caches on their land.

Of course, assuming permission was granted. :ph34r::o

My question is would you do a CITO to try and show this park ranger we are good people and want to do our part in keeping the parks clean.Maybe get him to let us place other caches in the park.Or would you just forget it because NPS dont want our caches on their land.

I'd do the CITO because it was an area that needed to be cleaned up. Any PR with the land manager, other land managers, or the general public is merely a side benefit to being a good steward of our communities.

Edited by KoosKoos

I don't see CITO as a "reward" for land managers who allow caches on their land. Its simily us doing our part to help out, regardless of whether or not geocaching is allowed on the land.

I don't see CITO as a "reward" for land managers who allow caches on their land. Its simily us doing our part to help out, regardless of whether or not geocaching is allowed on the land.

So far its 100% that I should do it.I have talked to another land (Boise cascade)owner and they said go for it to.Now I need to Talk to Avista to see how they fill.Im sure it will be a go ahead and knock our lights out(parden the pun)