Logging Your Own Waymark

It appears that after I enter a new Waymark in an accepted category that I must then log it again so it will add to my count. To me that is like logging your own cache, which is not allowed, or is this one of the bugs to be worked out?

Edited by geo50chevy

Unlike geocaching, it is very acceptable to visit your own waymarks. You can even visit waymarks multiple times. If you pay close attention you will see that in addition to the My Stats page there is a My Waymarks page. Perhaps My Stats should say My Visits. It shows the number of Waymarks you have visited broken down by category. The My Waymarks page shows each of the waymarks you have recorded. So you are "getting credit" for recording/creating waymarks and you don't have to log a visit to them. But you can if you like :ph34r:

I have visited my Waymarking Stat page and the ones I created under someone elses ownership of a category do not show, so I am going to log them so they show up. Just wanted to check with everyone as to what they were doing because in geocaching you cannot log your own, but they do show up in your stats. If that changes I can always delete them. :laughing: Thanks