What Gps To Buy-vista Cx,vista C, Gpsmap60cs ,$$ & ?

Ok so I got this wild hair and want to get a gps. I need some help. I looking at the garmin vista cx , vista c and the gpsmap 60cs. I would like to here from people what gps I should buy and why. I have looked at the specs. for over a week and still have not a clue on the best choice for me. I will use it for Geocaching and general directions while on the streets. the Gpsmap 60 Cs looks the best but im not sure about the memory. Any help you all can give would be GREAT.If you think something else would be better please let me know.

***Also I have looked for the best price but if someone knows about a good sale PLEASE let me know where. so far the best $$ for the gpsmap 60 Cs is around $350.00 to 360.00 shipped and that is my max for cash......

Hey bornlost,

I would only buy what you can afford, to start with. Then, buy what you can afford to replace, if it should break. Remember we sometimes get into rough terrain, as well as flat sidewalks. My old Garmin 12 got dropped onto the sidewalk and cracked the shell. Too bad there wasn’t a warrantee in place. :P

I’m presently working to resolve a problem with my friends vista, it just doesn’t work with the USB cord. It’s crazy to hand punch waypoints one at a time in the GPS. Also, check to make sure, your gps interface can be changed from Garmin to NMEA. That’s the language the gps and computer mapping software talk to each other. If you can’t change that you limit yourself drastically to your use.

SF1

The 60CS is a great unit. 56MB of map memory is plenty for most people unless you travel great distances without a laptop. 56MB holds City Select maps for the Houston, Dallas, San Antonio triangle with room to spare. Let is know where you are, and we can give you some idea of map coverage in your area.

If you want detailed street maps, don't forget that they will run about $100 or so in addition to cost of the GPSr

I have the Vista C. I love the smaller size and the 24 MB of memory for maps is plenty for my use. This unit is also incredibly duraable.

I started with the Vista, but really wanted the auto-routing feature of the Vista C. The fast USB connection was also a plus. :ph34r:

The Vista C should be heavily discounted now since the new units have come out. I got the City Select software, with the auto-navigation kit (beanbag mount, cigarette-lighter adapter) for about $145.00.

I got the Invisible Shield protector right away. I also have the neoprene case.

I just got the 60CSx and am very happy with it. (Other than the memory chip is only 64MB.) I ordered a 512MB

which will hold all of the maps I'll be using from City Nav. V7.

Don't know why they put in such a small chip. The 512MB I ordered is less than $40.

I like the feature that sometimes you can access satellites from within buildings. I live in a mobile home and am able to aquire enough for a lock.

I also have the Magellan 315 which was my first GPSr. Then purchased the Emap. Now I have this 60CSx.

Great GPSr!!

Ok so I got this wild hair and want to get a gps. I need some help. I looking at the garmin vista cx , vista c and the gpsmap 60cs. I would like to here from people what gps I should buy and why. I have looked at the specs. for over a week and still have not a clue on the best choice for me. I will use it for Geocaching and general directions while on the streets. the Gpsmap 60 Cs looks the best but im not sure about the memory. Any help you all can give would be GREAT.If you think something else would be better please let me know.

***Also I have looked for the best price but if someone knows about a good sale PLEASE let me know where. so far the best $$ for the gpsmap 60 Cs is around $350.00 to 360.00 shipped and that is my max for cash......

So has anyone seen a better price on the 60cs?

Please let me know