Still Got A Problem With Explorist 200

I cant enter the waypoints or coordinates.

I have read through this section and followed the instructions, and here is what happens.

Each time I try to put in a coordinate like Latitude....33.6543166666667 it will only let me put in...

33. and then the number will not move up to a six. It gets to 5 and then turns to zero again.

Also, it will not allow that many numbers to be entered, only 4 numbers past the decimal.

What am I doing wrong here???

Thanks, Chuck

most GPSr's work with a standard coordinate format. For your eX 200 the format you need is

N 38 51.498 W 077 03.048

or

(N/S HDDD MM.MM) (W/E HDDD MM.MM)

GC.com uses this format and it makes it easy to put the caches into your system.

Others will pop up shortly.

most GPSr's work with a standard coordinate format. For your eX 200 the format you need is

N 38 51.498 W 077 03.048

or

(N/S HDDD MM.MM) (W/E HDDD MM.MM)

GC.com uses this format and it makes it easy to put the caches into your system.

Others will pop up shortly.

I hope so, because I dont "get it".

click menu then then c lick preferences then clickmap units then click lat/lon, then you'll see 3 choices deg/min.mmm

deg/min.sec

deg/DDDDD

for caching its best to use deg/min.mmm for what you were inputting you want deg/DDDDD

just hilite the one you want to use then click on it , then back out and try it :P

click menu then then c lick preferences then clickmap units then click lat/lon, then you'll see 3 choices deg/min.mmm

deg/min.sec

deg/DDDDD

for caching its best to use deg/min.mmm for what you were inputting you want deg/DDDDD

just hilite the one you want to use then click on it , then back out and try it :P

Thanks Vagabond, I did that and it only lets me go out about 5 numbers from the decimal. Some of those

caches are lots longer. So what gives?

I am inside the house while putting in the coordinates. Would this keep me from putting a long string of

numbers in?

Thanks, Chuck

Thanks Vagabond, I did that and it only lets me go out about 5 numbers from the decimal. Some of those

caches are lots longer. So what gives?

I am inside the house while putting in the coordinates. Would this keep me from putting a long string of

numbers in?

What caches use more than 3 decimal values? AFAIK the standard for gc.com is deg min.mmm. Anything beyond that is pretty much beyond the precision capability of our receivers to determine.

Being in your house might make the reading more of an approximation than if you were outside, but it won't affect your options for entering a set of coords.