Placing A Cache That Requires Permission

dinobalz

I'm working on placing a cache at the DE Natural History museum. I spoke with the director about geocaching he seemed really interested. I'm pretty sure he will OK it, but he has to bring it up with the board first, and of course explain it all to them. (Funny; he was calling them a bunch of mugglers by the time I left!) :P

Since it will be a mystery cache, I'd like to be able to show him what the actual cache page would look like. If I fill out the form but leave it as inactive, will be be able to see it before I submit it for final geocaching.com approval? Or am I the only one who can see it until it is approved?

I'm working on placing a cache at the DE Natural History museum. I spoke with the director about geocaching he seemed really interested. I'm pretty sure he will OK it, but he has to bring it up with the board first, and of course explain it all to them. (Funny; he was calling them a bunch of mugglers by the time I left!) :P

Since it will be a mystery cache, I'd like to be able to show him what the actual cache page would look like. If I fill out the form but leave it as inactive, will be be able to see it before I submit it for final geocaching.com approval? Or am I the only one who can see it until it is approved?

No one other than reviewers can see your page without signing in to your account.

Depending on which browser you use, it is possible to save the entire web page and then you can send the whole thing to them. In IE, do a 'save as' and make sure the save as type is 'complete webpage'. This will create a folder where you save it.

Edited by Polar B's

I'm watching this as I'm looking to add my first cache but am still not clear whether part of dinobalz original question was answered - can I complete a 'Report/Edit a Cache Listing' form and leave it inactive while I make improvements to it before I submit it to geocaching.com for approval?

Edited by FollowMeChaps

I'm watching this as I'm looking to add my first cache but am still not clear whether part of dinobalz original question was answered - can I complete a 'Report/Edit a Cache Listing' form and leave it inactive while I make improvements to it before I submit it to geocaching.com for approval?

Yes, absolutely. Just check the box to make it active once you are ready for a volunteer reviewer to look at your cache page. The issue being discussed here, though, is the fact that nobody else can see your page until after it's been reviewed and published by the volunteer.

The answer to this question, is yes, you can create, edit, meddle with, etc. a cache listing for as long as you want. Until you check the "this cache is active" option, it just doesn't go into the queue for the reviewers.

edit: Lep has faster fingers! :P

Edited by KoosKoos