Uk Geo Chat

IF you mean geochat Wildie, it hasn't gone anywhere. Click on the hokesters usual link. You MAY have to be patient, can take up to three minutes or so to connect at the moment, but I've tested in on two machine in different counties in the last few minutes and it's fine.

Edited by rutson
:o trying to get in but can't :D

bargee, any ideas guys

Which server are you trying to connect to?

as normal through rutson but tried thrugh hokes as well qand not working, getting timed out

have you tried a standalone irc client, like mirc or hydra?

over my head, normaly follow link i was sent and haven't got a stable internet connection on boat as operating wireless piggybacked onto a mates

I don't know..... I go away for a week on Sunny Scilly and when I come back somebody's changed the locks on the Chatroom doors, both front and back B) I even tried squeezing through the cat-flap...

MrsB (sobbing pitifully and knocking her little, kid-gloved fist on the great iron-studded oak door.)

You lucky, lucky people!

The Chat Team now have their best ever chat applet up and running! Now includes channel and GeoTV webcam links and Geocaching.com Search engine.

www.hokesters.co.uk/geochat/

Enter your caching nickname in the box provided and click "Let's Chat".

Am I not allowed in? it says 'erroneous nickname'...................

Channel: #geocaching[/color]

We look forward to seeing you in there!

Java Notes -

You must have Java installed to run this webpage. Java is a small add-on for Internet Explorer or Firefox which allows your browser to run small programs within the browser window.

If you do not have Java installed you should be prompted to install it when you first run the chatroom link. If not it could be because of your security settings.

Visit Java Home and click the 'Windows XPI - Download'.

Follow the instructions then try to reload the chat room link. If you are still having problems it could be security settings in your browser.

In Firefox - Tools>>Options>>Web Features - ensure both Enable Java and Enable Javascript are ticked.

In IE - Tools>>Options>>Advanced - ensure Java is enabled.

If you still can't log on it is most likely to be your firewall settings. At this point you need to contact the manufacturer/supplier/administrator of the firewall.

Please guys, I keep saying this. Just be patient, after three goes it moves on and tries other servers, DO NOT refresh. I've just tested the official link on three computers around the world and they sometimes take a couple of minutes to connnect, but they always do.

Please guys, I keep saying this. Just be patient, after three goes it moves on and tries other servers, DO NOT refresh. I've just tested the official link on three computers around the world and they sometimes take a couple of minutes to connnect, but they always do.

Sure about that? My Hydra setup was tring to connect to irc.nixhelp.org ALL MORNING and failed! Before the current problems it got on without a hitch...

Bob

Just to let you know that Hokesters.co.uk will be down for a few hours today. If you wish to use the applet (Java) from your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) please use the link GeoChat2. :grin:

With the Hokesters server being down I am afraid users of my webcam service will not be able to update their webcam pictures until they come back up again and current pictures may dissapear from GeoTV. :)

Simon