Garmin 60 Series

Hoping to get A NEW Garmin 60CSX soon. Debating on whether or not to get the compass/altitude feature. Seems like more than a few users don't feel the $50 upgrade vs the abilities were worth it.

Whats the latest best price and location for this unit..??

BATTERIES - I heard some debate a while back about some rechargables perfroming better than others. Any thoughts on : Brands, Ni-cads, OR..???

Thanks, SK

Edited by Scorpion King

I have a 60CS, and am totally frustrated with the electronic compass. EVERY time I go out, I have to recalibrate it, and sometimes it stops working while out, and I have to recalibrate it AGAIN!

It basically just stops responding. I purchased it at REI (great return policy), and I think i'm going to

exchange it for another 60CS (not CSx).

FYI.

No question for now, The best priceon a 60CSx or 60CX is at gpsdiscount.com IF you buy the package with either Garmin TOPO or Garmin City Select software. They cant discount the price of the unit if you buy it alone, but if you buy the software package, the software is almost free. Must have to do with some internet fair sales policies from Garmin.

I ordered mine from them and got it within 3 days . Shipping no charge by fed ex. I would order again from them.

Cary in S.D

:unsure: I went with a newbie that I recruited to buy their first GPS last weekend. I suggested REI since that was where I got mine and we were up the street. If you are a member, you get the 10% back at year end, which is awesome. But this is what I learned on Saturday that I did NOT know. If you are a member, they will make good on any purchase at any time if you are not completely satisfied. I asked lots of questions to verify what he was saying. So, if your unit is out of warranty, no worries, REI will fix or replace it. To me, that is worth the extra few bucks knowing I'll have a company around to honor warranty work AND post-warranty work. You don't get that kind of service from a website, at least I never have. I have always thought REI was a bit pricey, but the service is phenomenal at both stores in the Dallas area, and I really miss customer service. Remember when?

:unsure: I went with a newbie that I recruited to buy their first GPS last weekend. I suggested REI since that was where I got mine and we were up the street. If you are a member, you get the 10% back at year end, which is awesome. But this is what I learned on Saturday that I did NOT know. If you are a member, they will make good on any purchase at any time if you are not completely satisfied. I asked lots of questions to verify what he was saying. So, if your unit is out of warranty, no worries, REI will fix or replace it. To me, that is worth the extra few bucks knowing I'll have a company around to honor warranty work AND post-warranty work. You don't get that kind of service from a website, at least I never have. I have always thought REI was a bit pricey, but the service is phenomenal at both stores in the Dallas area, and I really miss customer service. Remember when?

BTW, she got a 60CSX and loves it. No problems one week in to it.

60Cx, absolutely LOVE mine (even with the few quirks I'm sure will be worked out with some firmware upgrades.)

Got it from Lake Powell, no idea what the current prices are...

Go with NiMH rechargables... I'm using 2500mAH Energizers and they ROCK! Can't use Lithiums unless you run them for a few minutes in another device to drop the voltage (something else Garmin can fix with a firmware upgrade.. I hope.)