Chit Chat!

So where in the pre-80s era do Champion The Wonder Horse and The Lone Ranger fit in? I seem to remember them both being black and white, although in the latter case I also seem to recall that that was more to do with our tv than the way it was filmed - I always picture the LR in pale blue.

So where in the pre-80s era do Champion The Wonder Horse and The Lone Ranger fit in? I seem to remember them both being black and white, although in the latter case I also seem to recall that that was more to do with our tv than the way it was filmed - I always picture the LR in pale blue.

Warning do not read this reply unless you want to feel old.

Did a search on google and discovered that 'Champion The Wonder Horse' was a short run series between 1955 and 1956. As for the 'The Lone Ranger' was first broadcast in 1949. These date are for the USA not sure how much later (if any) for the UK.

Warning do not read this reply unless you want to feel old.

Did a search on google and discovered that 'Champion The Wonder Horse' was a short run series between 1955 and 1956. As for the 'The Lone Ranger' was first broadcast in 1949. These date are for the USA not sure how much later (if any) for the UK.

Woah, I'm not that old :ph34r: . I'm a child of the sixties - although my mom and dad can remember them (the sixties that is) so they obviously weren't there.

Bought the DVD of Potty Time a couple of weeks ago for my war obsessed seven year old.

Can't believe this thread isn't dominated by Dangermouse, definately an 80's cartoon, not 70's or 60's and with the best humour ever.

Hated Wil O t Wisp with Kenneth Williams, didn't like "carry on" either owing to his character.

Used to enjoy

Roobarb & Custard - agree, good theme. Not as good as Hong Kong Phooey (sp) though. He's another, why hasn't the 'mild mannered janitor' had a mention, he was awesome!

Ivor the engine was good.

Captain Pugwash was OK

Not a big fan of Paddington

Rentaghost - being brought back to the stage apparently

Not as good as Hong Kong Phooey (sp) though. He's another, why hasn't the 'mild mannered janitor' had a mention, he was awesome!

Who is this super hero?

Sarge?

No

Rosemary the Telephone Operator?

No

Penry the mild mannered Janitor?

Could be....

Absolutely loved Hong Kong Phooey :ph34r: . In fact I managed to get hold of a plastic model of the Phooeymobile, complete with the man himself and turned it into a TB – its somewhere in Germany at this time.

How about one to beat the current kids prize shows which I used to watch in the 70s……its Friday and 5 to 5….and time for…………Crackerjack (I always wanted one of their pencils).

Heres a bit of light release and I expect a few people have come across these quizzes before, but if anyone fancies seeing how many past kids programs they can remember/identify then this site is worth checking out.

http://www.tv-timewarp.co.uk/TV_Quiz.htm

The little Gems quizzes are good, there excel based and you have to identify the program from a Picture.