Motorway Mayhem Caches

Deego

Maybe 2 sets of records would do the trick; Most in 24hrs without MM caches and Most including MM caches, we did 45 (One not an MM cache) in under 16hrs so a UK record could in theory have been broken if we carried on and cached at the same rate, also we did not pick up any extra caches on the rout bar the one mentioned, so I bet a MM inclusive record could be in the 80's, as we had several long drives without a cache being bagged. As for me will I get the record? I doubt it I've cleared most of them off my list

This would seem to be the fair way of doing things....I have tried to break the 24 hour record myself and it is no easy feat(I failed..fell asleep! :D ).It would be a breeze in the job i do for a living to smash that record,which I dont think it is very fair to the current holders who worked the legs off and have well dererved the record...........lets just make 2 records MM 24hour Record and non MM 24hours Record...Bye

Messe,

non MM 24hours Record.

What if you break the non MM 24hours record - but you included a MM cache in there? Does that one have to be excluded? What if some of the caches aren't MM but are easy drive-by micros - are they allowed? If so, why can't MM caches be allowed?

Sorry, I'm not looking for answers to these and I'm not getting at you in particular, but it seems ridiculous to have records with such artificial restrictions. Next time the 24 hour record is broken it may be by quite a few if the MM caches are included: but after that it's going to be very difficult to beat (whether you include them or not). Because of the increased cache density, it's going to be easier to beat the old scores - but so what?

The only "artificial" rule I agree with is that no cache can be logged if anyone in the party has found it before (otherwise you'd simply get someone to do all the caches, write notes, and guide the others around which isn't in the spirit of this sub-game).

HH

I look at it like hurdles on a race track, there is the record for 100m without hurdles, and then the one with hurdles to make it harder.

Ah but if the runners were allowed to choose what size the hurdles were, or how many there were or even if there were any at all, there would be no point in having two separate records.

My point there is that there are ways that are just as easy as MM to do that many caches, so to claim that it's harder to do a record with no MMs is nonsense. A drive-by is a drive-by, whether it is MM or not.

T

Opinion

I look at it like hurdles on a race track, there is the record for 100m without hurdles, and then the one with hurdles to make it harder.

I hear what you are saying, but the analogy should actually be a record for 100m hurdles race with red hurdles (MM easy drive bys) and a separate record for a race with blue hurdles (other easy drive bys). Does just not make sense.

Maybe we should just get rid of ALL of the records? :laughing:

After all, it's not about the numbers, is it?

BUT, if we are going to maintain all these "endurance" records, then there should certainly be a distinction between those achieved "solo" and those achieved by a tem that can share the driving... If only for the sake of safety.

Bob Aldridge

Edited by Belplasca

Caching and Breaking records whilst caching I would think is done for fun. The fun of finding, the fun of being first to find, the fun of finding the most, even the fun had whilst failing to find. For some, driving motorways for 24 hrs may well be fun - so go for it.

If you want to level the "record breaking" playing field, forget caches, concentrate your efforts for the record of the most trig points found in 24hrs!

Jon.