Easy Gps Et Al

As I have the 4 cd set of Fugawi digital maps covering the whole UK I have previously used that software to download waypoints/ route to our Etrex yellow GPS. However, it never seems to be the easiest software to use and I'm trying to get my wife, who's not great at computer stuff, to be GPS self sufficient so to speak. Having had a look at the screenshots I wondered whether I would be better off using something like Easy GPS as the waypoint programme for her. Can anybody offer me a comparisin of the two or suggest any other software that is easy to use for a novice technophobe? Having already bought Fugawi I'd prefer free programmes but that's not essential.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

I've never used Fugawi but I used to use Easy GPS. However GSAK is much better than Easy GPS for caching, it stores the whole cache sheet for each cache as well as just the name and Coords and has very flexible filtering arrangements. Well worth the USD20 registration fee after the free trial period. To make the most of it you do need to be a premium member and download cache details by Pocket Queries.

Information

I use GSAK to put all Caching waypoint onto my GPS, and any routes, tracks and non Geocaching waypoints I use Memory Map

GSAK is a great utility and can be found here, and at about £8 is the best value I have ever had off a purchased package. I think that it runs without a serial but has nag screens which is fair enough.

As usual a combination of factors is at work. I use Fugawi on a PDA and found it fiddly to use at first. However adding premium membership and GSAK and GPX Sonar means that lots of waypoints can be imported at the same time and the cache information read on the PDA It means that connection between the computer and hand held is at a minimum. I'm afraid I can't speak for how it works on an Etrex.

Well I've downloaded GSAK but haven't really tried it out yet, although it does seem intuitively easier than Fugawi. I'll probably have a real go with it later tonight or tomorrow after dabbling with Firefox for the first time.

Thanks for the advice all,

Steve.