Palm M105 Software

well?? cachemate, plucker?which one or the other do i want?? gask? cetus? i dont know what i need! i wanna go paperless and i recvd a m105 pda and want to figure out how to download(yes i tried the search it isnt working!!) to the pda. ???? from geocaching.com.... onto desktop.... THEN...onto pda?? i know this has all been answered elsewhere but i didnt see it thanks for the help guys!!( and gals!!) lol.....joe ;) i would really like some help here! ;)

Edited by nickdanewguy

I also use a m105 and use GSAK in combination with Plucker.

ok i have downloaded gsak(have no freakkin clue how to use it!!!) then i go to pluckers site and there s like 10 diff plucker downloads!!! which do i want? is there one specific to palms?? thanks again for the help!!!

GSAK has a forum page on there website, great place for answers. I still like cachmate over Plucker. I downloaded Plucker when I started and didn't like. Cachmate is SIMPLE. 1. Setup your pocket querries (they will come in an email) 2. Open attachment in GSAK 3. Export file (I have a folder on my desktop) 4. Hotsync with your Palm. It is that EZ.

Hunting101

Nashville, TN

Edited by hunting101

Maybe it's just me, but I seem to be the only one who doesn't like Cachemate. I downloaded the trial version, put it on my m105, and ack.

It's been a while, but all I remember is that it looked like I was in the middle of an edit. I could cursor up and change the text of the cache pages... it just didn't look good.

Using Plucker, I get cache pages that look just like they do on the website.

What is *so* good about Cachemate that I'm apparently missing?

Jamie

I'm fairly new to caching in general. I have a palm zire72, and have recently bought a bluetooth GPS unit to use w/ it. I have Cachemate, which works fine. I use CMconverter to download the info from geocaching.com right into the program on the palm. What I like about Cachemate is that you also have the plugin to help navigate towards your cache. I'm also have Geoniche, and am trying to decide which one I like better. I believe Cachemate is a little better well suited, and less costly. Cachemate also has room to grow, since it can use plug ins. The question is, will the author, or anyone else take advantage of this. I wish that I could export the coordinates to my mapping software. There is a mapping software that will except coordinates from cachmate, but I am not up to getting a new software, and replace the one I have now.

That's my 2Cents.

actually all the help was great but what i needed after all the downloads was a tututorial on how to DO anything with the downloads! i went to geocachers u website and he laid it out step by step and wallah!!! caches not found loaded on my m105 just like the webpage!! its awesome! but my only concern now is after findin a cache do i leave plucker page(on the palM) and go to say memo on the palm and write what i found and what i left or can i do that on the pages in plucker on the palm? can you like say make a check mark on the cache pages denoting a find?? thanx again................joe :ph34r:

You can export to a memo from Plucker. While on the cache page in Plucker select the icon at the upper left corner of the screen, then "View" then "Export to Memo". This will creat a memo with a title that is the first line of the screen view in Plucker. You then add your notes to this memo for later reference.

You can also create a shortcut on your m105 to add a date time stamp to the memo.