Garmin 18

That was my plan. It is getting harder and harder to find City Select v.7 and when you can find it they are asking big $$$ (they are going for around $120.00 on ebay with just 1 code). There are some good deals out there for the Garmin 18 with CS software. I use my Vista C as my receiver now with my laptop and it works great. If anybody knows where I can get CS v.7 for around $90.00 please post.

Thanks again and happy hunting

Hunting101

Nashville, TN

I had asked the same question about a month ago. I had spoke with garmins tech support and was told as long as I didn't install the gps 18 that I would have 2 unlock codes. Well, he was wrong. I called garmin back and they did verify that I was told that. Garmin removed my gps 18 from their data base and installed both of my 60 csx serial numbers so I could load the maps to my GPSs. Then I plugged my gps 18 in and it still worked. I loaded the mapsource and nroute software on a second computer, used the unlock information from garmin's website and my gps 18 still worked. I have come to the conclusion that the 18 doesn't need an unlock code to work in NRoute. I also have another garmin user that I cache with and I plug my 18 in and his CS and NRoute recognise the GPS 18. The GPS 18 is a great receiver for the price.