What Cache Type...

Lamp post skirts, metal guard rails, and street signs should be banned from the list of places to hide a cache ;)

But like snat, I love caches in abandoned, litter strewn lots. Not!

As far as cache types, I like a well done multi or puzzle even better than a traditional cache.

I supposed I am just not old school. I find a well urban micro hide much more challenging and fun than a big ammo can in a tree stump.

Now don't get me wrong here, 30 lightpole caches, or magnetic keyholders on a guardrail are not my idea of "well". What I mean when I say well is the "Hidden in plain sight" type hides. The ones where hundreds if not thousands of people walk past it each day and no one notices. Theres something gratifying about making a grab without being seen in a public area. Makes one feel like a ninja.;) Unless you just don't have the type of "blending in with the crowd" type skills, then you may be outta luck and urban micros aren't your thing.

Actually, parking lot micros, Wal-mart micros and caches in abandoned, litter strewn lots don't yet have their own classification, so you can't hate those cache types. I don't think the OP intended this to be another lame cache bashing session. You can, however, hate micros if you want. ;);)

Actually, parking lot micros, Wal-mart micros and caches in abandoned, litter strewn lots don't yet have their own classification, so you can't hate those cache types. I don't think the OP intended this to be another lame cache bashing session. You can, however, hate micros if you want. :P;)

Right. I meant like Traditional,Multi,Earthcaches, etc..

But I guess this is a good time to complain about a micro I found behind a Hallmark store in a dirty alley last week! ;)

I remember one of my first caches being the parking lot light post. I was thrilled to discover that somebody had the idea to place something there. Now that I have experienced more geocaching, I have realized that they are simple and uncomplicated caches. What is really wonderful about parking lot caches is that they are handicapped friendly. ;)

I probably won't place anymore parking lot caches unless the location is really worthwhile. ;)

Having a lightpole cache is fine if it is creative enough. For example, One light pole hide I found had 11 containers hidden, on, in, and around it. Everything from a fake electric box, to a fake electric plate, to the basic Magnetic Key holder, to a Mr.magneto, sticker, film canister and false beehive:)

Parking lot caches that are there because someone Can put one there I don't think are great. One that are a there that take you to an interesting place. Now thats something. I will be placing one soon that will take you to the site of a major historical event in my town. There is nothing there to tell you it happened and unless you have read alot of local history would not know about it, but I think local cachers and travelers will find this one interesting.

The thing you have to remember is we all thought lamposts were cool when we found our first one and some people just copied it as their first one.

Another thing to look at is what was the intention of the person placing the cache? Was it meant to be a "hard" find or did they put it out so that weekday workers could scratch that "caching" itch during the week when they only have 30 minutes to "eat".

I guess it's hard to stay motivated and excited about your 50th lamppost find.