Auto Gps

bjab

Garmin NUVI 350, hands down. Of course this is my opinion. But there are hundreds of users out there that will agree with me. Absolutely BEAUTIMUS screen, uber-fast processor, wonderful alogarithims, sexy voices (Ha Ha) and a whole slew of extra features such as an MP3 player and picture viewer. Not too mention its about the size of a deck of cards!

Edited by Fhantazm

Garmin NUVI 350, hands down. Of course this is my opinion. But there are hundreds of users out there that will agree with me. Absolutely BEAUTIMUS screen, uber-fast processor, wonderful alogarithims, sexy voices (Ha Ha) and a whole slew of extra features such as an MP3 player and picture viewer. Not too mention its about the size of a deck of cards!

Must have a fold out screen. ;);):P

If you're serious about in-car GPS based navigation: Garmin StreetPilot 7500 GPS Navigation System

http://www.thegpsstore.com/Detail-Garmin-S...ic-XM-Radio.asp

Or for those on a budget: Garmin StreetPilot 7200 GPS Navigation System

Want to drop less than a grand? Lowrance iWAY 500C: http://www.thegpsstore.com/Detail-lowrance-iway-500c.asp

;);):P

Edited by Team Cotati

Garmin 2610....the standard by which all automobile GPS's are measured. Even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some of the later models have (which many consider unnecessary or useless), it is still considered by many to be the finest available. Current price from Amazon....$449.00

Edited by Guitar4Him

So the processor is uber-fast, how fast is that? Where can you find details of processor speeds of Garmin products? I have a Quest II and it is Uber-Slow, any idea what it's processor speed is? Looks like a cool device.

So the processor is uber-fast, how fast is that? Where can you find details of processor speeds of Garmin products? I have a Quest II and it is Uber-Slow, any idea what it's processor speed is? Looks like a cool device.

Garmin doesnt devlulge actualy prcessor speeds of the Nuvi, but I can tell you that it takes about 5-10 seconds to calculate a 500 mile trip customized to avoid toll ways, uturns and dirt roads. Also when re-calculating it is almost instantaneous. It also uses the SIRF chipset and can pickup a sat signal at the bottom of the Grand Banks(Ha). The Nuvi is now declared by many, the "defacto standard" by which all GPS'es are measured. Hope this helps.