Multi Or Several Traditionals Leading To Puzzle?

Aatex

I am having a delema as to whether I should release one multi with 2 micro stages leading to a final or 2 individual traditional micros that lead to a puzzle final stage which require the 2 micros to be done first.

If anyone has any input?

Thanks.

Why would you prefer one over the other? Both work. We have a great puzzle cache in our area that has 7 "stages" but it is 7 distince caches.

We also have a 6 step multi downtown that is one cache.

Both work. Both are greatly liked by those who do them.

The only disadadvantage I can see to multiple caches is that you have to be clear to the finders what the proper order is.

Paul

My idea on that would be based on the proximity. If they're close together a multi would be cool but if not, than maybe the seperate caches would be better.

or you could always compromise, and make one seperate, and one a multi!!

If you go with the seperate caches, make sure to include that in the final page listing, of make that one a puzzle.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I am having a delema as to whether I should release one multi with 2 micro stages leading to a final or 2 individual traditional micros that lead to a puzzle final stage which require the 2 micros to be done first.

If anyone has any input?

Thanks.

A lot of people don't like puzzles, so what I'm doing is make a puzzle, <_< then after a few months

I'll have a multi that leads to the puzzle cache.

People can choose which way they want to get there.

Here's an example:

...Like ants

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...44-9884454c4ba4

If it's several stages that aren't placed too close together, I like the idea of separate and distinct caches leading up to the puzzle cache, instead of making it a multi. I personally don't like a multi that has me running all over the city - unless you're purposely giving me a tour of the city.

Here's part of an example of separate caches that lead to one puzzle cache. It got good reviews when I asked for recommendations for caching in the area, but unfortunately I didn't have time to devote to the series. <_<

Bo the Brown Buffalo

Bruce the Brown Buffalo

Bubba the Brown Buffalo

Return of the White Buffalo final stage of puzzle cache

There's one around here called Clue. You have to find all six single caches before you can get to the final cache. Then you know who did what with what in what room. Unfortunately a few of the caches are temporarily disabled, so I don't want to start the series until they are all up and running. But for those doing it for the numbers, you can do this one over time and get 7 cache finds for doing it.

Since they are not all in one park, but spread out over several miles, you can take your time and click them off one at a time.

It's not just about numbers. All the stages should still be interesting in some way, right? If they are sufficiently interesting, then they should merit a traditional cache anyway (unless it's a .1 proximity issue).

A benefit of individual caches, is that if it eventually degrades and stages are lost, there are still the individual traditional hunting experiences on each remaining cache.

Also, since many people (especially visitors) will do traditionals and avoid multis and puzzles, you will get a lot more frequent activity on your stages so you'll know better the problems when they arise with a particular stage as opposed to a single multi which is less-frequently attempted.