Geocoins Found In Geocaches

GEO*Trailblazer 1

I looked but did not see a specific list for geocoins found in geocaches that are in the wild.

That is no geocoins from events.

This has to be logs from the start of 2006.

Geocoins found in geocaches that are

"IN THE WILD".

I have found 2 geocaching geocoins recently.

1.AJAYHAWKFAN #124

Trackable at geocaching.

AJAYHAWKFAN #124

2.MISSOURI 116 2004

RADIUM SPRINGS II

It does not mention the geocoin is in there but this is the geocache it was in.

not trackable but a very rare find in the wild.

Maybe this one will show back up at the MOGA event and a geocache there.

GCQVE5 MIDWEST OPEN GEOCACHING ADVENTURE

It is where I got my 1st MISSOURI #77 2004.

At MOGA 2004.

What are some of your in the wild geocoin logs?

I have recently found:

A MidWest GeoBash Coin,

A GeoWoodstock Coin,

and

A Delaware Coin

in caches here in the St. Louis area.

I've dropped the GeoBash coin in a cache and it has been picked up by someone already (as if it would sit around very long...)

I will be taking the GeoWoodstock coin and the Delaware coin with me to MOGA. The Delaware coin needs to stay in Missouri but I think I will pass the GeoWoodstock coin on to whoever came the farthest to attend the event. :anibad:

CF30

There is a Moun10Bike coin in a cache near here (along with a white jeep), but after 3 weeks it still awaits the FTF. It's my cache, so I can't log it (and won't advertise it by providing a link or name!). Another of my caches contains about half my collection of coins, for finders to log and leave (it's better than taking them to events, IMO).

HH

I have found these coins from caches or grabbed and placed to cache after that:

13 USA

4 German

1 Colorado

1 Michigan

2 GCC

1 New Jersey

1 Personal

1 Compass Rose

1 EU

2 Volunteer

2 World of Geocaching

1 Delaware

1 Screws

3 Finland

1 Northwest PA

1 Team Desert Eagle

1 Fraher Family

1 Love

1 Not another micro

2 China

2 World championships

1 MGA

2 Bad Andy

I think we have quite much coins in caches here in Finland <_<

Edited by Fundamental and Venlis

I've found 5 USA coins and 1 Colorado coin. I just released a USA coin myself and I'll be moving that Colorado coin soon. I've also noticed a few more USA coins, a Texas, and a Delaware in the area.

I carry a Compass Rose and Cav Scout Raven with me, so they travel, but they aren't "released in the wild".

There is a Moun10Bike coin in a cache near here (along with a white jeep), but after 3 weeks it still awaits the FTF. It's my cache, so I can't log it (and won't advertise it by providing a link or name!). Another of my caches contains about half my collection of coins, for finders to log and leave (it's better than taking them to events, IMO).

HH

How much is a plane ticket to the Isle of Man?? <_<:)

All my trackables found so far have been from traditional caches. Maybe i'm just playing the game differently as although i haven't attended any events yet, i don't see the point in logging something i've only held rather than found.

Icon Finds from "Traditional" caches-

White Jeep TB

New Mexico Geocoin

EU Geocoin

Fraher Family Shamrock Geocoin.

How much is a plane ticket to the Isle of Man??

Not that much, although you might have to change at Heathrow so it takes a while! I think it was nearly 24 hours from here to San Francisco when we visited last September (it's definitely 24 hours from Tulsa :wub: ).

I have to say that the FTF has now been made: still awaiting the second, though - it's a tricky little cache called Thie Vannin USA. But the geocoins and jeep are still there thanks to good etiquette! I'm releasing a couple of IOM geocoins to IOM caches this weekend (in lieu of finding new caches - I've done them all here).

HH

All my trackables found so far have been from traditional caches. Maybe i'm just playing the game differently as although i haven't attended any events yet, i don't see the point in logging something i've only held rather than found.

Icon Finds from "Traditional" caches-

White Jeep TB

New Mexico Geocoin

EU Geocoin

Fraher Family Shamrock Geocoin.

Add a UK Geocoin to this list

I play it the same way. I might log someones mileage coin if they offered on the trails though. We would let people log our pup's mileage TB on her collar.

I have only ever found 2 geocoins "in the wild", and they were both USA 2005 coins. One of them I believe is still in the cache I left it in. The other disappeared already (not me, I own one!)

I did release one of my USA 2006 coins a few weeks ago. I took the advice of forum members and "disfigured" it a bit...I engraved "gg" on both sides. <_<

Other than USA coins, I've only ever found one in the wild. That was a Maryland coin and it so happened I found TWO USA coins in other caches that same day. Three coins it one day. A red letter day indeed.

As for USA Coins, I've found a number of them. I wouldn't say they are particularly rare finds.

Of My own coins, I've realeased around 75 of them the last few months and almost all of them are still going strong. And I've got a few more dozen I'll be releasing soon. My goal is to release one of each tracable coin I have in my collection. You can see the links on my coin page at the link in my sig line.

My trackable list is growing, but right now it's mostly wild stuff:

Usa 2005 x2

White Jeep x2

Kansas geocoin

Georgia geocoin

World of Geocaching coin

I guess it's because of my coin-for-coin and tb-for-tb policies when caching... I also have pocket queries set up so I can see the tbs and coins in nearby caches. >:}