Visiting The Emmitsburg / Gettysburg Area

Dyrty

I will be in Emmitsburg MAy 8 through 12 and hope to cache a bit. I will be at the National Fire Academy and am planning on renting a car for the week. Any suggestions on "must do' caches. Not a big micro hunter but will snag them if they get in the way. LOL

Already have my pocket queries coming and starting to look thru them.

Stan56

I will be in Emmitsburg MAy 8 through 12 and hope to cache a bit. I will be at the National Fire Academy and am planning on renting a car for the week. Any suggestions on "must do' caches. Not a big micro hunter but will snag them if they get in the way. LOL

Already have my pocket queries coming and starting to look thru them.

Stan56

Hi Stan:

Emmitsburg is at the upper (northern) end of Frederick County. There are some very interesting caches in the Frederick area. Two that I can recommend highly are Shabby Four (urban multi, very much fun) and Spire Micro (a very strange and fun micro, not run of the mill!).

If you tend to like extreme caches, you may wish to check out our Psycho Urban Cache Series, which now is up to ten caches in the series (although two are in Baltimore). If you like good wilderness caches, you may wish to check out our Slate One cache or our Psycho Backcountry Caches #1 and #1, all located in Gambrill State Park.

Have fun!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Thanks Vinnie & Sue

Yea My time to cache will be after 5 PM so the extremes will be out of the question but will really look into the Frederick area for maybe my returm back to BWI if time allows.

Hmmm those Pychso's look promising. Takin notes. LOL

Thanks for the tips.

I'll have to go back and check my cache sheets, but there were quite a few good ones near Gettysburg. In particular, look at the caches located near the Parklands just west of Gettysburg.

Try these ones:

Gettysburg Rocks! by Japer (GCGAFV) Driving tour virtual that takes a little time but ends on Little Round Top above Devils Den.

Still Not A Bomb by EpiduralGirl (GCQ3E9) Walk in the park ending at a footbridge. Easy, but nice.

Crazy Kid's Cache by gnbrotz, PioneerGal, ArkMan (GCB34) Walk in the woods on an exercise trail to great cache spot. Big, old trees, well groomed trails and a nice cache hide. Not too far to walk, but lots of exercise stations along the way.

Cashtown Cache by Ghosthunter (GCNHWA) Very clever and well constructed, short walk with a memorable cache and a great place to stop and picnic.

Hope those help. If you stop in Gettysburg, be sure to eat at the Dobbin House for some of the best food EVER! Have fun and Happy Caching - F&tH