Co-ordinates

Haydock Hunters

I'am not quite sure how to word this....but here goes. Up to now I've been useing grid numbers to find the caches that I'am interested in. But above the grid numbers on the cache details page I see another set of numbers along the lines of N23.324 W356.92 (you get the idea) I've also found wgs 84.

Now I need your help I can program my gps with wgs 84 no problem but what do I use to program the other numbers in? I have a garmin etrex.

One furter question which of the above is the more accurate?

thanks for your help and advice in advance of a torrent of help as usual.

I found this in the eTrex manual I have downloaded:

To change map datum:

1. Press "page" button and switch to "menu" page. Press "up" or "down" to select "setup". Press "enter". Scroll up or down to select "units". Press "enter"

2. Press up or down to select "map datums". Press "enter"

3. Press up or down to select the desired datum. Press 'enter".

Scott

To change map datum:

1. Press "page" button and switch to "menu" page. Press "up" or "down" to select "setup". Press "enter". Scroll up or down to select "units". Press "enter"

Scott

To change map datum:

Scott

I just had the same problem today. I had to use the coordinates to get to the first clue. Then the clue switched to the UTM format. I have no idea how to use it so I had to quit. I have a Lowrance iFinder pro. Another question I have is, is there a way to actually enter coordinates? I just use the curser and choose "go to curser."

You should be able to change your units to accept UTM co-ords using the same menus as you used to set them to hddd mm.sss. Go to the seup menu as above, but use 'position format' instead of 'map datum' for the Garmin , the Magellan I'd think would be similar.

Wulf

Yes, Magellan is similar. Don't know about Lowrance. :D:laughing:

You should be able to change your units to accept UTM co-ords using the same menus as you used to set them to hddd mm.sss. Go to the seup menu as above, but use 'position format' instead of 'map datum' for the Garmin , the Magellan I'd think would be similar.

Wulf

Thanks will try :D

Wulf

Yes, Magellan is similar. Don't know about Lowrance. :D:laughing:

oops!

Brainlag there. :laughing:

Wulf